At a glance: Test the Web SDK PBA plugin integration.
Test PBA web events
Principles of using the test page
Web SDK sends web events to PBA, which are made available via PBA dashboards and raw data reports, after daily processing. To enable an efficient testing process, you send test events without waiting for daily processing. Test events are:
- Parsed and validated on receipt.
- Made available to you in the user interface. This includes processing errors. If they exist, send corrected events again to make sure they are processed correctly.
- Are processed like any other event during daily processing. This means they are added to the dashboards and raw data.
Page main view
Click an event row to display its contents after processing. See Web SDK event parameters for additional information
Complete the procedures that follow.
Enable test mode
Before testing, the web SDK must be implemented on your website or on a test website.
If test mode is enabled on a given browser, irrespective of the tab; the browser can only be used to connect to the website specified and not to any other website. Use a different browser, for example, Safari instead of Chrome, to connect from the same machine to a different website.
To enable test mode:
- Verify that the SDK is loaded:
- In AppsFlyer, go to My Apps > View brand bundles.
- Select the required Web SDK integration test.
The integration page opens. The web dev key is displayed.
- In a new browser tab, go to your website (that has the Web SDK installed).
- Right-click and select inspect to open the browser developer tools.
- Go to the Console tab.
- In the console, enter:
The webAppID displays.
- Verify that the webAppID is identical to the web dev key in the Web SDK integration test page.
- Enable test mode:
- Verify that test mode is enabled:
Send test events
- In test mode, events that you send are displayed in the test integration page
- Note! Test events are processed and subsequently will be included in PBA reports. To avoid distorting reports, populate
eventRevenuewith low (small) values. If no value is sent, PBA populates it with 0.
Send example events of each of the types described.
Web SDK test integration page
Open a new tab in the browser and browse to any page on your website.
PBA registers a
Login/register to your website as a user to trigger a setCustomerUserId event.
Start sending web events to verify PBA processes them correctly.
If not specified,
Events do not display in the test page
- In the browser developer tools, go to Network tab.
- In the filter field, enter "websdk."
- Based on the HTTP response code, proceed as follows:
- 200: Reach out to AppsFlyer technical support.
- 400: Check that all parameters are enclosed in " ".