At a glance: Use AppsFlyer's dedicated app inside of Salesforce to run marketing campaigns.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) can be used as an email service provider (ESP) to run email marketing campaigns. After you integrate AppsFlyer with Salesforce, you can use AppsFlyer dedicated app inside Salesforce to:
- Import AppsFlyer attribution data into a Salesforce data extension.
- Create custom attribution links using OneLink.
Before you run a campaign, integrate AppsFlyer attribution data with SFMC.
Creating custom attribution links and running campaigns
This section explains how to create custom attribution links from OneLink, then use them in campaigns.
Create custom attribution links using AppsFlyer app in Salesforce
Install and integrate the AppsFlyer app in Salesforce. Thereafter, all your Salesforce users are connected.
Install the AppsFlyer app in Salesforce
- Log in to your Salesforce account.
- Go to Salesforce AppExchanage.
- Search for and install the AppsFlyer app.
Integrate the AppsFlyer app with Salesforce
- Open the AppsFlyer app in Salesforce.
- Authenticate using your AppsFlyer credentials.
Currently, it isn't possible to log in using SSO providers such as Google. Contact your CSM or send an email to email@example.com for help with authenticating using AppsFlyer credentials.
- Copy the token and Salesforce EID to a text file.
- Log in to your AppsFlyer account.
- In the navigation menu, click Integrated Partners.
- Search for and select SFMC.
- Under the Integration tab, complete the Token and SalesForce EID fields.
- Click Save integration.
Validate the AppsFlyer app integration
- Go to Salesforce.
- Hover over AppExchanage and select the AppsFlyer app.
- Click Validate to complete the AppsFlyer app integration.
Create custom attribution links in Salesforce using the AppsFlyer app
- In Salesforce, open the AppsFlyer app.
- Click Add OneLink and enter a name in the Link name field.
- Choose an easily identifiable name.
- The link name will be used when applying OneLinks to your email campaigns.
- In the Base URL field, enter the long-version OneLink URL copied from the AppsFlyer OneLink custom links page.
- [Optional] To add more parameters, click Add parameter. See the list of recommended parameters.
- [Optional] To set an internal SalesForce marketing cloud macro, click the icon located to the right of a parameter.
- It is recommended to set a Subscriber key for each OneLink parameter.
- This lets you connect attributed email conversions back to your Salesforce data.
- Click Generate link.
Send emails with custom attribution links
There are two ways to incorporate custom attribution links in marketing emails:
- Use attribution links created in the AppsFlyer app in Salesforce.
- Use attribution links created directly in AppsFlyer.
Use custom attribution links created in the AppsFlyer app in Salesforce.
- In Salesforce Email Studio, create a new template or email.
- Click the Edit icon, the Content tab, then select Blocks.
- Scroll down to find AppsFlyer Button CB or AppsFlyer Image CB.
- Drag the image/button into the body of the email.
- Click the image/button to edit.
- In the Title field, name the image/button.
- Select a OneLink link.
- Save the email and send it.
Use attribution links created in AppsFlyer
- Create a custom attribution link manually or on the OneLink custom links page in the AppsFlyer dashboard.
- URL encode all parameter values when creating a OneLink.
- These are highly-recommended parameters:
pid media source Representative media source such as email. c campaign name Campaign that will be attributed. af_dp deep-link URL Deep-link redirect for users. af_web_dp desktop redirect Redirect for desktop users. af_ios_url
Redirect for iOS-devices users who don't have the app installed.
af_android_url Redirect for Android-device users who don't have the app installed.
- Copy the link into the email created in Salesforce Email Studio.
- Now, the Salesforce Marketing Cloud wraps the link with the click-recording domain that was previously set.
- Any click on the click-recording domain redirects to the OneLink attribution link.
For readability purposes, the URL parameters are not URL encoded:
https://example.onelink.me/ABcd?pid=Email&c=Spring_Newsletter& af_dp=testapp://path/to/content&af_web_dp=https://www.example.com/path/to/content& af_ios_url=https://www.example.com/path/to/content&af_android_url=https://www.example.com/path/to/content
Test your links
After following all the required steps mentioned above, creating the appropriate OneLink URL, and placing it in an email, send yourself a test email.
What should you expect?
If you have the app installed, the app should be invoked. If the relevant AppsFlyer SDK deep linking APIs are implemented you should be deep linked into the relevant content.
In addition, a click should appear in both the AppsFlyer dashboard, attributed to the provided media source and campaign, and also in Salesforce's data.