At a glance: Blueshift, an email delivery and analytics platform, embeds AppsFlyer OneLink within emails. Email recipients, clicking on the link are deep-linked into an app.
Email service providers (ESPs) are excellent sources of segmented user traffic. They wrap deep linking URLs with their own click recording domain. In some cases doing so breaks iOS Universal Links. To overcome this, Blueshift uses Universal Links on top of their click recording domain. They integrate with AppsFlyer and by using OneLink capabilities enable deep linking and click recording.
Set up Blueshift
Configure Blueshift and the AppsFlyer SDK, to send emails containing OneLinks.
For additional information on setting up Blueshift , reach out to Blueshift support or refer to their documentation.
Mobile SDK versions:
- iOS: V4.9.0 or later
- Android V4.9.0 or later
Step 1: Set up a Blueshift account
To set up your account at Blueshift, contact Blueshift at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Disable click tracking
Disable click tracking at your ESP.
Clicks and read email are tracked by Blueshift.
Set up AppsFlyer
Step 3: Configure links for your email campaigns
- Create a OneLink template for your email campaigns.
- Create a Branded link.
When requested to add a CNAME to your domain, use esplinks.appsflyer.com, instead of the URL offered in the Branded link creation page:
Subdomain CNAME click.example.com click.esplinks.appsflyer.com
Create emails and testing links
Step 4: Send emails
- Create a OneLink URL in the Link Management page (or manually). You must URL-encode parameter values.
- [Best practice] Use the following parameters:
- pid (media source): Use a media source that signifies this usage such as Email.
- c (campaign): Campaign name
- af_dp : The deep link URI scheme you want to deep-link your users into.
- af_web_dp: Where to redirect users clicking the link on desktop.
- af_ios_url : Where to redirect users that don’t have the app clicking the link in an iOS device.
- af_android_url: Where to redirect users that don’t have the app click the link in an Android device.
- [Mandatory] Add the following parameter as part of the onelink:
- Insert the OneLink URL in the email created using the Blueshift Code Editor or Design Editor.
For the sake of readability, URL parameters are not URL-encoded in this example.
https://example.onelink.me/abcd?pid=Email&c=Spring_Newsletter&is_retargeting=true& af_dp=testapp://path/to/content&af_web_dp=https://www.example.com/path/to/content& af_ios_url=https://www.example.com/path/to/content&af_android_url=https://www.example.com/path/to/content&deeplink="true"
Test your links
To test the integration:
- Set-up Blueshift.
- Create a OneLink URL.
- Insert the URL in an email.
- Send a test email to yourself.
- If you have the app installed, it should launch and you will be deep-linked into the defined app page.
- A click reflects in:
- The AppsFlyer dashboard, attributed to the media source and campaign.
- SparkPost data.