At a glance: Integrate your Twitter Ads account with AppsFlyer to display attribution data of Twitter Ads campaigns.
For a complete picture of working with Twitter Ads in AppsFlyer, check out these articles:
Connecting your Twitter Ads account to AppsFlyer
Before you begin
Make sure you've added a payment method to your Twitter Ads account. Otherwise, you won't be able to activate the partner integration in AppsFlyer.
Log in to your Twitter Ads Account at ads.twitter.com
If you're not automatically directed to the Ads page, click the Ads button at the top-left corner.
- When prompted to select either a Simple (NEW) or Advanced campaign, select Advanced.
- Under Campaign objective, select App Installs or App re-engagements, then click Next.
Choose your app, then click the mobile measurement partner link.
- On the Conversion tracking page, click Go to AppsFlyer.
- A notification displays informing you that you're about to leave Twitter Ads to go to the AppsFlyer website. Click Go to AppsFlyer and log in to your Dashboard.
- In AppsFlyer, search for Twitter Ads, either from the marketplace (for a new integration) or from the Configuration > Integrated Partners page (for an existing integration).
- In the Integration tab, accept the Twitter Ads Terms and Conditions for Mobile App Conversion Recording (MACT), then click Save integration.
- Turn on Activate partner, and click Log in with Twitter.
- Authorize AppsFlyer to use your Twitter Ads account by clicking Authorize app.
- Turn on Activate Partner again to display the Integration tab settings and enable attribution.
Note: The toggle must stay on (activated) for as long as you work with the partner. Learn more about partner activation.
- Select your Twitter Ad accounts to activate them, then click Save & Close.
Twitter Ads attribution setup
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections, as described below. Partner must be activated on the first visit to enable its setup.
Ad account connected
Select the accounts to enable attribution.
Use the slider to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Twitter.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-30 days. We recommend setting the click-through lookback window to 14 days, to align with Twitter.
View-through attribution lookback window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to the install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to Twitter, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days. We recommend setting the View-through lookback window to 1 day, to align with Twitter.
Twitter retargeting attribution includes only re-engagement conversions.
Turn on the Re-engagement attribution toggle to start attributing re-engagements for Twitter.
Re-engagement click-through lookback window
Set the duration of the Re-engagement click-through lookback window (the maximum period of time after an ad is clicked, within which a retargeted user can be attributed to the ad). You can set the value in hours (up to 23) or days (1-30).
Re-engagement view-through lookback window
To start attributing impressions of retargeting ads, activate Re-engagement view-through attribution.
Then, set the duration of the Re-engagement view-through lookback window (the maximum period of time after an ad is viewed, within which a retargeted user can be attributed to the ad). You can set the value in hours (up to 23) or days (1-7):
Set the duration of the Re-engagement window (the period when the user's in-app events are attributed to the retargeting media source). You can set the value in days (1-90), hours (up to 23), or even lifetime:
In-app event postback settings
In this section, you can map your AppsFlyer events with your partners via postbacks.
To configure in-app event postbacks:
- Set the Partner ID (if required).
- Enable In-app event postback.
- If available, select whether to send events automatically or manually. Learn more about sending all events as they are.
- Click Add event to add an SDK or server-to-server event to the list.
- Complete the parameters required.
- [Optional] Click to set conditions for sending certain in-app events to the partner.
Learn more about conditional in-app event postbacks.
The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated into your app or from server-to-server events.
|mapped to partner event||
The unique name or ID of each event, as defined on the partner's side. Possible mapping configurations are:
|for users from||
Select the sending option for the event:
Attribution link tab
For all self-reporting networks (SRNs), such as Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Adwords, Twitter, etc., this tab is not functional since they don't use external attribution links.
The cost integration provides the following aggregated data:
- Cost data for your campaigns, adsets, ads, and channel levels. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features.
Note: Cost data requires an Xpend subscription.
- Data on clicks, impressions, and enriched data (keywords, campaign names, and adset).
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue integration is not available for Twitter. To receive ad revenue data, integrate MoPub.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Twitter, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency, or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Twitter, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Twitter.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
Ad network permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app event data - only to the partner's own in-app event data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.