At a glance: Learn what is Google Marketing Platform DV360/CM (DoubleClick). Note that the AppsFlyer internal name for this integration is doubleclick_int.
Google Marketing Platform
Google Marketing Platform consists of:
- Campaign Manager 360 (CM360): An ad management and measurment system for advertisers and agencies. It enables mobile marketers to plan, execute, and measure their display campaigns across websites and mobile.
- Display & Video 360 (DV360): Demand-side-platform (DSP) providing trading desks, agencies, and advertisers with greater transparency and performance in global display media buying across ad exchanges.
- Search Ads 360 (SA360): Not within the scope of AppsFlyer integration.
How does it work?—Floodlights
Google Marketing Platform allows you to create Floodlights, which are tags associated with specific conversion events. Floodlights are created for either install or post-install events (such as subscription or purchase) in order to integrate GMP and AppsFlyer for conversion measurement. GMP integration is based on mobile events, dependent on device IDs. It is not designed to report on web conversions and inventory.
Integration scenarios supported by GMP
|DV360||Integrate DV360 with AppsFlyer||
|CM360 + DV||Buy DV360 traffic via CM360||
|CM360 + non-DV360 third-party media source (1)||
Buying traffic from third-party media sources and measuring mobile app conversions originating from this traffic in CM360.
(1) SRNs are not included in this type of integration.
(2) This integration scenario requires standard CM360 tags as described here. Other types of tags are unsupported.
(3) Per Google’s no-redirect policy, third-party links including OneLink are unsupported. Deep linking requires implementing relevant platform methods for iOS and Android.
Data sent to GMP
Based on GMP integration requirements: AppsFlyer sends postbacks to GMP relating to conversions and in-app events. Click and impression postbacks aren't sent.