Related reading: CTV overview
About Samsung CTV attribution
The Samsung Tizen OS for streaming runs across all Samsung TVs.
CTV apps streaming on Samsung can integrate with AppsFlyer via API to receive attribution data and performance measurements about which sources (organic) and campaigns drive app open and in-app events. Marketers rely on these insights to measure and optimize marketing activities.
The Samsung API integration supports:
- Samsung Smart TVs.
- CTV-to-CTV attribution and event recording. Meaning, attribution and recording on a user's Samsung device.
Samsung attribution flow
The following table lists the tasks required to integrate your Samsung CTV app with AppsFlyer. To record your progress, download this spreadsheet.
API integration with your app
Integrate the AppsFlyer Samsung API into your CTV app with commands to report the following events to AppsFlyer.
Note: First app opens must be reported before in-app events and sessions.
To report owned media engagements, integrate the impression engagement API.
|Reports setup||Set up Data Locker to receive user-level raw data reports.||Data engineer|
Integrate the AppsFlyer Samsung API into your app
The developer must:
- Integrate the API. This enables the app to report first opens, in-app events, and sessions.
Note: First opens must be reported before in-app events and sessions.
- Send events using the API. Tell your developer which events to send.
- To report owned media engagements, integrate the impression engagement API.
Add Samsung ad network
To record attributions and in-app events from Samsung, you must connect AppsFlyer to Samsung as an integrated ad network.
To set up Samsung as an integrated partner:
- In AppsFlyer. go to Configuration > Integrated Partners.
- Select Samsung DSP.
The Samsung partner integration page displays.
- Go to the Integration tab.
- Turn on Activate partner. See partner activation/deactivation.
- [Optional] Turn on View-through attribution.
- Click Save Integration.
The Overview dashboard gives advertisers a real-time window into the lifetime value (LTV) performance of organic users, based on subscription, in-app purchases, and ad monetization. LTV metrics are calculated from the attribution date until the present.
To open the dashboard:
- In AppsFlyer, select your CTV app and go to Dashboards > Overview.
The dashboard opens, with the settings and filters, headline metrics, charts, and table, relevant for CTV.
Tip! Familiarize and experiment with the dashboard and use our Overview dashboard V2 article as a reference guide.
Samsung raw data reports, as seen in the list that follows, are available via Data Locker (Premium feature; requires subscription). Click on a report type to view a sample.
The list of fields available in reports is in the raw data field dictionary.
Traits and limitations
Must contact CSM
Not supported. App can't be transferred to another AppsFlyer account.
Access to data can't be restricted.