Follow the steps below to configure your campaigns with Roku OneView.
Setting up Roku OneView
Prerequisite: Before setting up the integration, make sure you contact the partner and open an account with them.
The setup is done from the Active Integrations page, but to find the new partner you must first go to the Marketplace, as explained below.
To activate the integration:
- Go to the Marketplace: From the top menu of any AppsFlyer page, click Marketplace.
- Search for the partner and select it.
- Click Set up integration. You’re directed to the Active Integrations setup page.
- In the Integration tab, turn on Activate partner.
Note: The toggle must stay on (activated) for as long as you work with the partner. Learn more about partner activation.
- Complete the configuration using the relevant tabs, as described below.
Note that there are some differences between iOS and Android settings
The Integration tab includes a number of sections, as described below.
On your first visit, you must activate the partner to enable the setup, by turning on Activate partner.
For iOS apps only, when Advanced Privacy (for iOS 14.5+ and later) is turned on, you can control what data is shared with Roku OneView via postbacks and reports.
- Enter the Roku ID: Roku Pixel-ID (Install)
- Turn on View-Through attribution if you want to attribute view-through installs from Roku OneView. The view-through lookback slider is available on the Attribution link tab (described below).
Send automatic postbacks to Roku OneView following installs and rejected installs. Use this section to define the source of the users for the postbacks:
- Select This partner only for installs coming only from users attributed to Roku OneView.
- Select All sources, including organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to Roku OneView.
Note: Rejected installs can be sent for This partner only.
In-app event postbacks
Configure in-app event postbacks sent to Roku OneView:
- Turn on In-app event postbacks.
- Set the In-app events postback window.
- Click Add event to add an SDK or server-to-server event to the list.
Parameter name Description AppsFlyer event
The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated into your app or from server-to-server events.
Tip: Don't see the event you are looking for?
- Make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
- Type it in AppsFlyer event, then click Create custom. Read more about custom event mapping.
mapped to partner event
The unique name or ID of each event, as defined on the partner's side. Possible mapping configurations are:
- Text field: Get the corresponding event ID from the partner.
- Drop-down box: Select the most suitable pre-defined AppsFlyer event.
- As is: Send the events as they are, without name mapping.
for users from
Select the sending option for the event:
- This partner only: Send postbacks only when this event is attributed to this partner.
- All media sources including organic: Send postbacks for events attributed to any partner, as well as organic events.
- No data (default): Send only the event itself without the event value.
- Values and revenue: Send all the event parameters, including the revenue value (if exists in the event).
- Values without revenue: Send all the parameters excluding the revenue value.
- [Optional] Clickto set conditions for sending certain in-app events to the partner.
- Click Save integration.
Attribution link tab
Generate and save attribution links and send them to the partner for attributing specific campaigns, ad sets, or single ads.
To generate an attribution link, follow the CTV-to-mobile app attribution setup instructions.
Cost integration is not available for Roku OneView.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue is not available for Roku OneView.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Roku OneView, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency, or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Roku OneView, the permissions tab can be active and you can grant control to Roku OneView.
After you enable granting permissions to Roku OneView, you can add team members to grant them access to the data, according to the selected permissions.
Permissions can be granted only to Roku OneView employees that have an ad network team member account on AppsFlyer.
To grant permission to ad network team members:
- Click Add team member.
- Enter the ad network team member's email.
- Click Add.
- When you give Roku OneView permission to configure the integration and to change in-app event postbacks, you allow them to potentially access all attribution events, including organic and non-organic traffic from all media sources.
- Changes that Roku OneView makes override the current configuration, even if you (the advertiser) set them.
Permission types that advertisers can grant Roku OneView
|Configure integration||Allow the partner to set up the integration tab, except for in-app event postbacks.|
|Configure in-app event postbacks||
Allow the partner to set up in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the Integration tab.
Caution! When both this permission and Configure integration are enabled, the partner has access to all attribution events. This includes organic traffic and non-organic traffic from all media sources.
|Access retention report||Allow only the partner's own retention data.|
|Access aggregate loyal user data||Allow the partner access to your own loyal users metric.|
|Access aggregate conversion data||
Allow the partner access to aggregate conversion events metrics. This includes installs, re-engagements, re-installs, and re-attributions. Example: Aggregated campaign performance for ad networks report.
|Access aggregate in-app events data||
|View validation rules||Allow the partner to view your validation rule details.|
|Access aggregate revenue data||
Allow the partner access to ad revenue data, for UA optimization.
|Use ad spend ingestion||Allow the partner to upload spend data for this app using Ad spend ingestion.|
|Access Protect360 dashboard & raw data||
|[Beta] Access ad revenue raw data||
Share your ad revenue data with the partner for automatic UA optimization.
Sending option: Select if to share ad revenue data of this partner only or of all media sources, including organic.