Universal App Campaign - Android
Universal app campaigns allow you to promote your Android app across Google Search, Play, YouTube and Display.
You don't have the ability to modify the final URL or add a tracking template (unlike regular Search or Display campaigns in AdWords respectively).
AppsFlyer can track these type of campaigns under our integration with Google AdWords. In order to do so, please follow the campaign settings below:
Utilizing the postback for Google AdWords
- Open a new conversion under "Tools"
- Select Android
- Select “App Installs (first open)” and "continue.
- Select "Save and continue" to continue to the setting up the tracking method.
Set your conversion ID and Label on the AppsFlyer Dashboard
- In your Google AdWords conversion tab, check “Set up a server-to-server conversion feed from an app
analytics package to AdWords” and copy the conversion ID and Label ID
- Paste it into your AppsFlyer dashboard and click on the "Save&Close" button.
Universal campaigns will not include extra parameters such as Campaign name, Creative, AdGroup etc. as currently there is no option to add it to the Click URL or any where else in the Google AdWords dashboard.
As an outcome, the only way for an Agency to promote an app using Universal campaigns is by working with a different conversion and Label ID which are different than the ones used by the Advertiser.