At a glance: Use Web-to-App (W2A) to gain insight into the impact of your web marketing efforts on mobile app installs and enhance the performance of web campaigns.
Web-to-App use cases
W2A analysis measures the impact of web marketing efforts to drive users to install an app. Advertisers view web involvement in the context of the install event; they can determine the media source that drove website visitors towards app install.
Install population selection (web-involved installs)
- Switch the dashboard view between the different sources (all, organic, and non-organic) depending on the use case and analysis you are performing.
- The table that follows contains initial use case analysis scenarios. Use it as an initial guide to using W2A.
Installs having a web media source involved
Users begin their journey on the web and install the app without involving a mobile media source.
Users begin their journey on the web. They later engage with a mobile campaign and install.
Use the W2A dashboard tools, described in the sections that follow to:
- Understand and optimize the impact of web traffic campaigns on your app installs.
- Enhance the synergy between non-organic app install campaign efforts and web marketing efforts.
W2A analysis principles
To go to PBA dashboards:
- My Apps View brand bundles.
Click Actions > People-based analytics.
- Go to Web-to-App tab.
Using the dashboard
|Install metrics and source view selector
|Web media channel chart
|Web media source
The contribution per web media source in driving users to install the app.
|Web-to-App activity over time
Web activity over time per media channel or media source.
Select a view:
|Web and mobile media source to install table
The interaction between web media source and mobile media source.
Metrics available per combination of web/mobile media source indicate the position of the web media source: