At a glance: An app-specific time zone lets you view data aligned to a chosen time zone. The default time zone for new apps is UTC (UTC +0). If the app time zone is changed, this affects how data appears in the platform.
Why change the time zone?
Scenario: You work in a time zone that is not UTC. However, you want app data aligned to your time zone or to the time zone you selected with other partners like Facebook and Google.
Goal: Simplify data comparisons between AppsFlyer and other networks.
Solution: Align the time zone in the AppsFlyer platform with the other service providers you use. Accurate Daylight savings time is supported by default (not configurable).
Agencies view data using the time zone set by the app owner. Agencies can't set the time zone.
Changing the time zone
The account admin can make time-zone changes.
To change the app time zone:
- In AppsFlyer, go to Configuration > App settings.
- In Localization > Time Zone, select UTC.
- Click Save settings, then wait 48 hours.
- Go to Configuration > App settings.
- In Localization > Time Zone > select a time zone (per city/country).
- Click Save settings.
Change takes effect at the beginning of the next day at 00:00 UTC.
- October 24 at 22:00, the time zone is changed.
- October 25 at 00:00 UTC, the change takes effect.
Data presentation after a time-zone change
This Overview dashboard with time-zone change indicator
After changing the time-zone:
- The time zone used in the presentation of data depends on the reporting period and method as detailed in the tables that follow.
- Aggregate reports will have some anomalies on the day and the day following the time zone change.
Cost data is duplicated on the day of the change.
Report date range
|Reporting method||Starts and ends before the change||
Starts and ends after the change
|Starts before and ends after the change|
|LTV dashboards: Overview, Retargeting, Events||UTC||Current time zone||
|Previous time zone||Current time zone||UTC|
Cohort, retention, pivot
|Previous time zone (1)||Current time zone (1)||UTC|
(1) All apps must use the same app-specific time zone for a given reporting period. If not, then the time zone reverts to UTC.
|Report date range|
|Reporting method||Starts and ends before the change||Starts and ends after the change||Starts before and ends after the change|
|Export page raw data||Current time zone||Current time zone||Current time zone|
Separate fields for UTC and the app-specific time zone calculated using the selected time zone at the time of the event.
|Data Locker||Not impacted - date fields are in UTC|