At a glance: An app-specific time zone lets you view data aligned to a chosen time zone. The default time zone for new apps is UTC (UTC +0). If the app time zone is changed, this affects how data appears in the platform.
This Overview dashboard image indicates time-zone changes.
Why change the time zone?
Scenario: You work in a time zone that is not UTC. However, you want app data aligned to your time zone.
Default: Facebook, Google, and other network interfaces show conversions in the user's local time.
Goal: Simplify data comparisons between AppsFlyer and other networks.
Solution: Align the time zone in the AppsFlyer platform with the other service providers you use. Daylight savings time is supported.
The app-specific time zone is available to app owners, but not to agencies.
Changing the time zone
The account admin can make time-zone changes.
To change the app time zone:
- In the navigation bar, go to Configuration > App settings.
- Under Localization > Time Zone > select UTC.
- Click Save settings, then wait 48 hours.
- Go to Configuration > App settings.
- Under Localization > Time Zone > select a time zone (per city/country).
- Click Save settings > change takes effect at the beginning of the next day at 00:00 UTC.
Note! Aggregate data will have some anomalies on the day of the time-zone change, as well as the following day.
October 24 at 22:00, the time zone is changed.
October 25 at 00:00 UTC, the change takes effect.
Data presentation after a time-zone change
Reporting period relative to time-zone status
|Reporting method||Before the change||
After the change
|Dates from before & after the change|
|LTV dashboards: Overview, Retargeting, Events||Current time zone|
|Previous time zone||Current time zone||UTC|
Cohort, retention, pivot
|Previous time zone (1)||Current time zone (1)||UTC|
(1) All apps must use the same app-specific time zone for a given reporting period. If not, then the time zone reverts to UTC.
|Reporting period relative to time zone status|
|Reporting method||Before the change||After the change||Dates from before & after the change|
|Export page raw data||Current time zone|
Separate fields for UTC and the app-specific time zone.
Suffix for app-specific time-zone fields:
Default: UTC +0