At a glance: MoEngage, a third-party analytics platform integrated with AppsFlyer, is an Intelligent Marketing Cloud built for the Mobile-first world.
Some media sources restrict sharing data with third parties. Therefore, postbacks for restricted events won't be sent to this partner, regardless of the configured selection for sending postbacks.
Setting up MoEngage
The setup is done from the Active Integrations page, but to find the partner you must first go to the marketplace.
Before setting up an integration, make sure you contact the partner and open an account with them.
To activate the integration:
- From the top menu of any AppsFlyer page, click Marketplace.
- Search for the partner and select it.
- Click Set up integration. You’re directed to the integration setup page.
- In the Integration tab, select the app for the integration and turn Activate partner on.
Note: The toggle must be on (activated) for as long as you work with the partner.
- Complete the configuration using the relevant tabs, as described below.
The MoEngage configuration window only makes use of the Integration tab.
Learn more about setting the partner page header.
The Integration tab is divided into different sections, as described below.
On your first visit, turn Activate Partner on to set up the integration. The toggle must be on for as long as you work with the partner. Learn more about partner activation.
MoEngage connects with AppsFlyer via a unique App ID, App Key, and the Data Center of MoEngage. If you don't already have the App ID and App Key, you must obtain the first to continue with the integration:
- APP_ID: Enter the app ID. To obtain it, log in to your MoEngage account from the left menu, and go to Settings > App Settings.
- MoEngage Data Center: Specify the MoEngage data center that you have signed up with. Learn more about Data Centers in MoEngage.
- APP_KEY: Enter the app API key. To obtain it, log in to your MoEngage account, and go to Settings > Analytics.
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to MoEngage following user installs. Select one of the following options:
- Off: Don't send any install postbacks.
- All media sources, including organic: Send postbacks for events attributed to any partner and for organic events.
As an all-installs network, MoEngage prefers to receive postbacks for all new installs of your app from any source, including organic. MoEngage recommends selecting All media sources, including organic.
Attribution link tab
Cost data isn't supported in the integration with this partner.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue isn't supported in the integration with this partner.
Permissions isn't supported in the integration with this partner.