At a glance: Medialyzer, an AppsFlyer integrated partner, develops and markets the software as a service solution. The solution allows media planners to optimize their TV campaigns for online businesses based on immediately generated visits and conversions per TV ad airing.
Some media sources restrict sharing data with third parties. Therefore, postbacks for restricted events won't be sent to this partner, regardless of the configured selection for sending postbacks.
Setting up Medialyzer
The setup is done from the Active Integrations page, but to find the partner you must first go to the marketplace.
Before setting up an integration, make sure you contact the partner and open an account with them.
To activate the integration:
- From the top menu of any AppsFlyer page, click Marketplace.
- Search for the partner and select it.
- Click Set up integration. You’re directed to the integration setup page.
- In the Integration tab, select the app for the integration and turn Activate partner on.
Note: The toggle must be on (activated) for as long as you work with the partner.
- Complete the configuration using the relevant tabs, as described below.
The configuration window only makes use of the Integration tab.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
Activate partnerOn your first visit, you'll need to turn on the Activate partner toggle to set up the integration. The toggle must remain on for as long as you work with Medialyzer. Learn more about partner activation.
For iOS apps, the Advance Privacy toggle appears. When turned on, it limits the sharing of user identifiers with the partner. Note that when the Aggregated Advanced Privacy toggle is turned on in the App Settings, Advanced Privacy (for iOS 14.5+ and later) is turned on and locked by default.
AppsFlyer sends default postbacks to Medialyzer following user installs. Use this section to define these postbacks.
- Off: Install postbacks aren't sent to Medialyzer.
- All media sources, including organic: Install postbacks are sent for events attributed to any partner and for organic events.
In-app event postbacks
In this section, you can map your AppsFlyer events with your partners via postbacks.
- Turn on In-app event postbacks.
- Click Add event to add an SDK or server-to-server event to the list.
- Complete the following parameters:
Parameter Name Description AppsFlyer event
The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated into your app or from server-to-server events.
Tip: Don't see the event you are looking for?
- Make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
- Type it in AppsFlyer event, then click Create custom. Read more about custom event mapping.
mapped to partner event
Enter the corresponding event name or ID of each event, as defined in BPM, or send the events as they are without name mapping.
for users from
Select All media sources, including organic to send postbacks for events attributed to any partner and for organic events.
- No values & no revenue: Send just the event itself without any parameters (values or revenue).
- Values & no revenue: Send all the parameters excluding the revenue value.
- Values & revenue: Send all the event parameters, including the revenue value (if exists in the event).
- Click Save Integration.
Attribution link tab
Attribution links aren't available for Medialyzer.
Cost data isn't supported in the integration with Medialyzer.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue data isn't supported in the integration with Medialyzer.
Permissions aren't available for Medialyzer.