At a glance: How to mask app user IP addresses in AppsFlyer raw data reports.
- User IP addresses are not listed in raw data reports.
- IP address field is populated with the value 126.96.36.199.
- Installs performed before enabling IP masking aren't masked.
- The IP-masking setting follows this path: disabled, enabled, and then disabled.
- Three users install the app on different dates as shown in the app install table
- IP-masking and raw data report table show the status of the IP-masking setting and related raw data on the relevant dates.
|Install date||User ID||
|Date||IP masking setting status||
Raw data report
|January 1||Disabled||User A 192.0.2.1|
|January 2||Enabled||User_A 192.0.2.1|
|January 8||Enabled||User_A 192.0.2.1
IP-masking is set per app and affects installs from all sources.
To enable IP-masking:
- Go to Configuration > App Settings.
- In the App settings window, scroll down to Advanced.
- Select Enable IP Masking in Raw Reports.
IP-masking is enabled.
IP-masking in raw data reports
IP-masking is activated:
- New installs and in-app events show an IP address of 188.8.131.52.
- Location-related parameters, like country and city, still appear in raw data reports.
Example raw data report
- For organic in-app events: IP-masking populates these events with a hashed IP address.