At a glance: How to mask app user IP addresses in AppsFlyer raw data reports.
If IP masking is on:
- User IP addresses aren't listed in raw data reports nor are they provided via postbacks to partners
- IP address field is populated with the value 1.1.1
- Installs performed before enabling IP masking aren't masked
- The IP-masking setting follows this path: disabled, enabled, and then disabled.
- Three users install the app on different dates as shown in the app install table
- The IP masking and raw data report table below shows the status of the IP-masking setting and related raw data on the relevant dates.
|Install date||User ID||
|Date||IP masking setting status||
Raw data report
|January 1||Disabled||User A 192.0.2.1|
|January 2||Enabled||User_A 192.0.2.1|
|January 8||Enabled||User_A 192.0.2.1
Enabling IP masking
IP masking is set per app and affects installs from all sources.
To enable IP masking:
- Go to Configuration > App Settings.
- In the App settings window, scroll down to Advanced.
- Select Enable IP Masking in Raw Reports.
IP masking is enabled.
IP masking in raw data reports
When IP masking is activated:
- New installs and in-app events show an IP address of 184.108.40.206.
- Location-related parameters, like country and city, still appear in raw data reports.
Example raw data report
- For organic in-app events: IP masking populates these events with a hashed IP address.