At a glance: How to mask app user IP addresses in AppsFlyer raw data reports and in postbacks sent to partners.
When turning on IP masking:
- User IP addresses aren't listed in raw data reports nor are they provided via postbacks to partners
- IP address field is populated with the value 184.108.40.206
- Installs that occurred before IP masking was turned on aren't masked
- AEM data sharing for Meta ads isn't supported for both server-to-server and SDK events when IP masking is turned on. This means data isn't shared with Meta ads.
- The IP masking setting follows this path: Turned off, turned on, and then turned off.
- Three users install the app on different dates as shown in the app install table
- The IP masking and raw data report table below shows the status of the IP masking setting and related raw data on the relevant dates.
IP masking and raw data:
|IP masking setting status
Raw data report
|User A 192.0.2.1
Turn on IP masking
IP masking is set per app and affects installs from all sources.
To enable IP masking:
- In AppsFlyer, from the side menu, select Settings > App Settings.
- Scroll down to Advanced Settings.
- Turn on Mask IP addresses.
IP masking in raw data reports
When IP masking is turned on:
- New installs and in-app events show an IP address of 220.127.116.11.
- Location-related parameters, like country and city, still appear in raw data reports.
Example raw data report