OneLink™ is a single and unique tracking link - capable of recognizing your mobile device and redirecting users to either Google Play or iTunes, if the app is not yet installed. Alternatively, it can launch the app if it is already installed on the device (with deeplinking capabilities).
In addition, you can redirect desktop, iOS and Android users to any web URL, such as your website or landing page, or the Google Play/App Store page of your app.
To start using OneLink™, follow these three simple steps described below:
- OneLink™ Integration - Enable deeplink in your app and integrate the AppsFlyer SDK.
- OneLink™ Set up – Configure it using the AppsFlyer dashboard.
- OneLink™ Link Generation – Generate the link quickly and easily.
To enable deeplinking and to integrate the AppsFlyer SDK in your app, refer to the OneLink™ Integration Guide link at the bottom of this article.
Setting Up OneLink™ Configuration for your App
1. From the dashboard under the Configuration section click Configure OneLink.
The OneLink Configuration window opens. Here you configure the apps and the website you want your OneLink™ to be associated with.
2. Select the apps you want to associate with the OneLink™ (the app being viewed is automatically selected) – one application for each platform. You can leave the alternative app empty if you only wish to associate one app with this OneLink™.
3. Complete the website URL to redirect desktop users. If you leave this field empty, desktop users are redirected to your app's app-store web URL.
NOTE: Clicks generated on desktop lead to the configured web URL and are tracked as organic installs and not as installs generated through the OneLink™ campaign.
4. Configure your Custom URL Scheme to enable deeplinking. See additional information in the OneLink™ Integration Guide.
Updating your App to Support Deeplink Functionality
This is a mandatory step requiring some code change so that you can receive the deeplink attribution inside the app. More importantly, it is necessary to have the AppsFlyer SDK aware of apps being opened using deeplinks.
For more details refer to the Reporting Deeplinks for Re-Targeting Attribution section in the iOS SDK Integration Guide.
Generating a OneLink™ Link
1. From the dashboard under the Configuration section click Integrated Partners.
The Integrated Partners Configuration window opens:
2. Click Custom Tracking Link.
The OneLink Configuration window opens:
3. In the Custom Media Source window, click the widget for the type of media source required.
4. Enter a name for the Media Source and Campaign (optional).
5. Select the Enable OneLink™ checkbox.
6. If you want your OneLink™ to be associated with more than one platform, select the Enable Multi Platform checkbox (selected by default).
7. For a retargeting campaign, select the Retargeting Campaign checkbox.
8. To enable deeplinking, select the Enable Deeplinking checkbox and configure the deeplink schemes.
You can shorten and copy the newly configured OneLink™, by clicking the Shorten Link and Copy Link buttons. It is immediately ready to be used.
To run multiple campaigns using OneLink™, manually alter the different parameters in the link (for example, the campaign name).
- Due to a known Chrome bug AppsFlyer currently sends all Chrome clicks to Google Play (deep linking is disabled).
- Using target="_blank" in the HTML href tag does not result in redirecting to Google Play app as it is blocked by the above limitation.
For details of how to perform the OneLink Integration, click here.