At a glance: Test your Windows app integration with AppsFlyer.
- Currently, there is no way of testing with Windows Referrer other than to upload the app to the Windows App Store.
- When testing with Windows Referrer, you must be familiar with the following restrictions:
- You must be logged in to the store.
- You must not have the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on your device.
- Your device must never have had the app (Windows' referrer is lifetime - even if you are allowlisted or have waited over 90 days, you will not receive referrer attribution).
Test SDK integration
- It is required to test the SDK Integration on a registered test device. To register your test device, follow the steps here.
- Open the AppsFlyer dashboard and chose the app you are testing.
- Select SDK Integration Tests from the Navigation Menu.
- You are presented with three options to test:
- Non-organic Install
- In-app events
- Deep linking
Testing non-organic install
- Select one of your registered devices from the dropdown list
- Select where you are installing the app from (Windows Store or Other)
- Scan the generated QR code with your registered test device and follow the instructions on your device.
- Wait until the non-organic install is registered on the Integration Test page, indicating the test was successful. This can take up to two minutes. If the app did not register a non-organic install by this time, see the troubleshooting guide displayed on the Integration Test page.
Testing in-app events
- Select one of your registered test devices from the dropdown menu and click Next.
- Open your app and start generating in-app events.
- You will see a log of these events as they are registered in real-time.
Testing deep linking
- OneLink must be defined for your app to test Deep Linking. See OneLink guide
- Select one of your registered test devices from the drop-down menu and click Next.
- Scan the QR code with your registered test device and follow the instructions on your device.
- Wait until the Deep Link is registered successfully on the Integration Test page.