An advertiser, for one reason or another, may choose to stop working with certain media sources or may stop attribution for your old apps.
These sections explain what can be deleted in AppsFlyer and how to do it.
Delete user history
Some privacy regulations, such as GDPR or CCPA, give users the Right to Erasure.
Situation: If a user requests that their collected data be erased, you must do it within 30 days.
To delete user data: Send a GDPR erasure request to AppsFlyer using the OpenGDPR API.
Stop attributing installs to a media source
AppsFlyer collects all install and event information for your configured media sources. If a media source is configured for attribution on AppsFlyer, its new installs get attributed.
Situation: If a media source stops running your campaigns (no clicks, impressions, or installs), then attribution stops. However, in-app events by existing users continue to be recorded.
To stop attributing installs to a media source in AppsFlyer:
- SRN: Remove your Client Partner ID from an integrated partner's setup.
- Make sure that no ads with AppsFlyer attribution links are displayed to leads.
- Even if you remove your Client Partner ID from an integrated partner's setup, any incoming clicks and installs are still attributed to your Client Partner ID.
Delete an app
Advertisers can delete an app. Then, attribution stops for that app and it is no longer visible in their account.
To delete an app:
- Go to your account app list.
- Hover over the Action menu of an app.
- Click Delete and confirm.
Deleted apps have these characteristics:
- Remain associated with an advertiser's account
- Can be re-added to an account along with all their historical data.
- Historical data includes: app settings, approved agencies, tokens, etc.
To permanently delete an app from your account:
- Contact your dedicated customer service manager (CSM)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a Customer Engagement Manager (CEM) will contact you.
To transfer apps between accounts, read how to transfer apps.