At a glance: CleverTap, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, integrates app analytics and mobile engagement. Engage and retain users through personalized Push, In-App, Email and Web messaging.
Some media sources restrict sharing data with third parties. AppsFlyer doesn't share user-level data of users acquired through these media sources with third-party platforms or services. Installs from these media sources are sent as organic.
Setting up CleverTap
Follow the steps below to send CleverTap data measured in AppsFlyer.
To activate the integration with CleverTap:
- In Appsflyer, go to Configuration > Integrated Partners.
- Select CleverTap.
- In the Integration tab, enable Activate partner.
Learn more about the partner configuration window header.
- To connect your account in CleverTap with AppsFlyer, complete the account tokens as described below.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
This toggle must be enabled for as long as you work with the partner.
Learn more about partner activation.
CleverTap connects with AppsFlyer via a unique Account Token, Region, Account Passcode and Account ID. If you don't already have them, you must obtain them from CleverTap to continue with the integration or follow the steps below.
Obtain CleverTap account token
To obtain account tokens from CleverTap:
- In the CleverTap dashboard, go to Settings in the top-right corner.
At the very top of the “Settings” view, you’ll see your CleverTap Account ID, Account token, and Passcode next to "Account ID", “Account token”, and “Passcode”, respectively:
- To revel the values, click the ‘eye’ icons next to each field.
- Copy the values and paste them in the AppsFlyer CleverTap page.
Region depends on the CleverTap dashboard URL for your account. If your account URL is https://eu1.dashboard.clevertap.com, the region is EU1, meaning that the account data is hosted in an EU-based data center. If your account URL is https://in1.dashboard.clevertap.com, the region is IN1, meaning that the account data is hosted in an IN-based data center.
- Finalize the integration according to CleverTap's documentation.
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to CleverTap following user installs. Use this section to define the source of the users that the postbacks are sent to for each event. Learn more about default postbacks.
To send postbacks for any user that downloads the app to Rockerbox: select All media sources, including organic.
In-app events settings
In this section, you map AppsFlyer events with the partner via postbacks.
Learn more about in-app event postbacks.
To configure in-app events postbacks:
- Enter all the required tokens.
- Enable In-app event postback.
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list.
- Select the SDK event name from the dropdown menu.
- Select the required option from the Send revenue dropdown menu:
- No values & no revenue: sends only the event itself without the event value.
- Values & no revenue: sends all the parameters excluding the revenue value.
- Values & revenue: sends all the event parameters, including the revenue value (if exists in the event).
- To complete the integration configuration, click Save Integration.
Attribution link tab
Cost data is not applicable for this partner.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue data is not applicable for this partner.
Permissions are not available for CleverTap.
Measure CleverTap owned media
Since CleverTap is a platform that uses emails, SMS, push notifications, etc., for marketing automation purposes, you can use AppsFlyer OneLink as a solution for measuring owned media that originates from CleverTap.