At a glance: Starting iOS 14 iOS uses ATT to determine user privacy preferences and Limit ad tracking (LAT) is deprecated.
- Starting iOS 14: Apple ATTrackingManager (ATT) provides the status values for app tracking authorization.
- AppsFlyer gets ATT from the following sources:
- AppsFlyer SDK V6+ embedded in the app.
- By API from advertisers. For example, S2S API.
- ATT is available in raw data reports. You need to explicitly request it as follows:
- Pull API: Add ATT to the additional_ fields parameter in your Pull API requests.
- Export Data page: In the report fields tab, explicitly select ATT.
- Data Locker: In the Data Locker configuration page, explicitly add ATT to the field list.
- Push API: In the API Access page, explicitly add ATT to the field list.
- Advertisers use ATT to gain a better understanding of user privacy preferences.
- In some cases, ATT is populated by values defined by AppsFlyer. They are indicated by the prefix af in the table.
|ATT status||Remark||IDFA availability||Behavior|
Until iOS 14.4: Available
Starting iOS 14.5: Not avaialble
ATT default value.
|restricted||Apple specified||Not available||This is determined by Apple based on the iTunes account and is not related to user behavior. For example, based on user age.|
|denied||Apple specified||Not available||This occurs if the user explicitly denied consent in the prompt or turned off Allow Apps to Request to Track in the device.|
|authorized||Apple specified||Available||The user explicitly gave consent.|
ATT value was reported by the advertiser but is not a known value per the ATTrackingManager specification
iOS version dependant
IDFA use permitted for one of the following reasons:
Is LAT in iOS—considerations and how LAT translates to ATT in iOS 14
|iOS version||Use of Is LAT|
|Until iOS 13||
If true, the user-enabled Limit Ad Tracking, IDFA is not available.
|Starting in iOS 14||Apple deprecated Is LAT. Disregard the Is LAT value and use ATT instead.|
How LAT translates to ATT in iOS 14