At a glance: Use ATT to understand user privacy preferences in iOS14. Staring in iOS 14 Limit ad tracking (LAT) is deprecated.
- Starting iOS 14: Apple ATTrackingManager (ATT) provides the status values for app tracking authorization.
- AppsFlyer gets ATT from the following sources:
- AppsFlyer SDK V6.X or later embedded in the app.
- By API from advertisers. For example, S2S API.
- ATT is available in raw data reports.
- Advertisers use ATT to gain a better understanding of user privacy preferences.
- In some cases, ATT is populated by values defined by AppsFlyer. They are indicated by the prefix af in the table.
ATT value was reported by the advertiser but is not a known value per the ATTrackingManager specification
IDFA use permitted for one of the following reasons:
Is LAT in iOS—considerations
|iOS version||Use of Is LAT|
|Until iOS 13||
If true, the user enabled Limit Ad Tracking, IDFA is not available.
|Starting in iOS 14||Apple deprecated Is LAT. Disregard the Is LAT value and use ATT instead.|