At a glance: Interoperability enables Facebook to share SKAdNetwork postback data with us and enables us to share your conversion value measurement bits (mapping) with Facebook.
iOS 14 updates relating to Facebook
AppsFlyer confirms that our MMP integration with Facebook always implements the Advertiser Tracking Enabled flag. Meaning, no action is required of you in AppsFlyer. This information is provided pursuant to the Facebook app guidance iOS 14 checklist dated February 2021.
SKAdNetwork interoperability: AppsFlyer <-> Facebook
If you work with multiple ad network partners, the best practice is to set it up in AppsFlyer. By doing so, SKAdNetwork performance metrics, enriched with other metrics like cost, are available via the AppsFlyer platform.
Related reading: AppsFlyer SKAdNetwork Solution guide
Scope of SKAdNetwork interoperability with Facebook
The interoperation allows the following:
- AppsFlyer and Facebook share the SKAdNetwork conversion value schema, enabling both to provide you with performance metrics.
- AppsFlyer supports all Facebook Ads campaign objectives which enable campaign optimization:
- Mobile app install (MAI)
- Mobile app engagement (MAE)
- Value optimization (VO)
- If you enable SKAdNetwork partner integration in Facebook: The Facebook SDK stops updating SKAdNetwork conversion value (kill switch). The AppsFlyer SDK updates the conversion value.
- Currently, updated March 23, 2021, in the SKAdNetwork dashboard, installs brought by Facebook aren't yet attributed to them. They are counted as organic installs. This aligns with the organic install definition for SKAdNetwork.
- Once interoperability is enabled each time you change the measurement settings in AppsFlyer, Facebook pauses your campaigns. Before enabling them, verify that all relevant in-app events are mapped. Note! You don't need to repeat the MMP integration procedure in this article. Meaning you don't need to copy the MMP connection URL again.
- If you turn SKAdNetwork measurement off in AppsFlyer, Facebook can no longer get your measurement settings.
Facebook app install ads guidance
In configuring your Facebook iOS 14 app install campaigns, take into account the following Facebook guidance:
- An app can belong to only 1 ad account.
- A maximum of 9 campaigns per app, each having 5 ad sets is allowed.
- Facebook no longer requires a new, separate account for iOS 14 campaigns. You can run iOS 14 campaigns from existing accounts.
Interoperation is achieved via settings in the AppsFlyer and Facebook dashboards. No interoperation is required in the app itself. However, you need to adopt the most recent AppsFlyer SDK into the app.
Setting up Facebook <-> AppsFlyer interoperability
|2||SKAdNetwork settings review||
Set up and turn on AppsFlyer SKAdNetwork Solution. Doing so allows the AppsFlyer SDK to call SKAdNetwork APIs and set the conversion value.
To view SKAdNetwork settings:
|3||In-app event mapping||
Review, and if necessary, make changes to your Facebook in-app event mappings.
To view and set in-app event mappings:
|4||Connect AppsFlyer to Facebook||
Facebook can't connect:
- In Facebook, if you get the message, we can't connect. Check that you're using the correct URL. If the problem continues, contact your partner app for help.
- Corrective action: In AppsFlyer, verify that you have turned in-app event mapping and mapped your AppsFlyer events to your Facebook events. (Described in the in-app event mapping described in the preceding section)