At a glance: SKAdNetwork interoperability enables TikTok to share SKAdNetwork postbacks with AppsFlyer and enables AppsFlyer to share your conversion value measurement mapping with TikTok.
SKAdNetwork interoperability: AppsFlyer <-> TikTok
If you work with multiple ad network partners, the best practice is to set it up in AppsFlyer. By doing so, SKAdNetwork performance metrics, enriched with other metrics like cost, are available via the AppsFlyer platform.
Related reading: AppsFlyer SKAdNetwork Solution guide.
Scope of SKAdNetwork interoperability with TikTok
The interoperation allows AppsFlyer and TikTok to share the SKAdNetwork conversion value mapping (set in AppsFlyer), enabling both to provide performance metrics. If you enable the TikTok for Business integration in AppsFlyer, then AppsFlyer provides TikTok with events for optimization purposes.
TikTok for Business guidance
In configuring your TikTok for Business campaigns, read TikTok's iOS 14 Impact & Guidance and take into account the following:
- Make sure that the AppsFlyer SDK is up to date.
- Configure a TikTok App ID for each app you advertise on TikTok for Business.
- Complete conversion event mapping for bytedanceglobal_int.
- Review guidance on campaign limitation and account/campaign consolidation.
Work directly with your TikTok for Business account manager on SKAdNetwork configuration and strategy.
TikTok supports SKAdNewtork as follows:
- Measurement and optimization via conversion measurement API.
- Reporting of dedicated iOS 14 campaigns in TikTok for Business.
Campaign limits for dedicated iOS 14 campaigns
Due to SKAdNetwork API limitations, TikTok for Business supports the following when creating dedicated iOS 14 campaigns (applicable to App Install ads and Dynamic Product Ads for app prospecting):
- iOS apps are limited to 11 campaigns with 1 ad group per campaign.
- Dedicated iOS 14 campaigns:
- Can be created from multiple ad accounts, but the total number of active campaigns is limited to 11.
- Across all relevant objectives count towards the limit (11), and after reaching the campaign limit, advertisers must wait at least 72 hours after a campaign has been paused, turned off, or deleted to free up a campaign slot before beginning a new campaign.
Interoperation is achieved via settings in the AppsFlyer and TikTok for Business dashboards. No interoperation or changes are required in the app itself.
|SKAdNetwork settings review||
Set up and turn on AppsFlyer SKAdNetwork Solution.
To view SKAdNetwork settings:
|In-app event mapping||
Review, and if necessary, make changes to your TikTok for Business in-app event mappings.
To view and set in-app event mappings: