At a glance: SKAN interoperability enables TikTok to share SKAN postbacks with AppsFlyer and enables AppsFlyer to share your conversion value measurement mapping with TikTok.
SKAN interoperability: AppsFlyer <-> TikTok
If you work with multiple ad network partners, the best practice is to set it up in AppsFlyer. By doing so, SKAN performance metrics, enriched with other metrics like cost, are available via the AppsFlyer platform.
Related reading: AppsFlyer SKAN Solution guide.
Scope of SKAN interoperability with TikTok
The interoperation allows AppsFlyer and TikTok to share the SKAN conversion value mapping (set in AppsFlyer), enabling both to provide performance metrics. If you enable the TikTok for Business integration in AppsFlyer, then AppsFlyer provides TikTok with events for optimization purposes.
TikTok for Business guidance
In configuring your TikTok for Business campaigns, read TikTok's iOS 14 Impact & Guidance and take into account the following:
- Make sure that the AppsFlyer SDK is up to date.
- Configure a TikTok App ID for each app you advertise on TikTok for Business.
- TikTok App ID is a unique code generated in TikTok Ads Manager and is used by TikTok to confirm advertiser ownership of their apps.
- Although not mandatory, it is recommended to enter your App ID of all your apps.
This helps you to better control your TikTok For Business data and to unlock additional products.
- To add more than one TikTok App ID:
- Enter your first TikTok App ID.
- Press Enter.
- Enter your next TikTok App ID.
- Configuring a TikTok App ID doesn't impact your data in AppsFlyer.
- Learn more about TikTok App ID requirements for iOS 14.
- Complete conversion event mapping for bytedanceglobal_int.
- Review guidance on campaign limitation and account/campaign consolidation.
Work directly with your TikTok for Business account manager on SKAN configuration and strategy.
TikTok supports SKAN as follows:
- Measurement and optimization via conversion measurement API.
- Reporting of dedicated iOS 14 campaigns in TikTok for Business.
Campaign limits for dedicated iOS 14 campaigns
Due to SKAN API limitations, TikTok for Business supports the following when creating dedicated iOS 14 campaigns (applicable to App Install ads and Dynamic Product Ads for app prospecting):
- iOS apps are limited to 11 campaigns with 1 ad group per campaign.
- Dedicated iOS 14 campaigns:
- Can be created from multiple ad accounts, but the total number of active campaigns is limited to 11.
- Across all relevant objectives count towards the limit (11), and after reaching the campaign limit, advertisers must wait at least 72 hours after a campaign has been paused, turned off, or deleted to free up a campaign slot before beginning a new campaign.
Interoperation is achieved via settings in the AppsFlyer and TikTok for Business dashboards. No interoperation or changes are required in the app itself.
|SKAN settings review||
Set up and turn on AppsFlyer SKAN solution.
To view SKAN settings:
|In-app event mapping||
Review, and if necessary, make changes to your TikTok for Business in-app event mappings.
To view and set in-app event mappings: