CTV-to-mobile app attribution for ad networks
With AppsFlyer cross-platform impression URLs, you can attribute mobile app installs to ads displayed on CTV. Multiple installs within the same household can be attributed to the same CTV ad impression.
CTV-to-mobile app view-through attribution uses a OneLink impression URL based on a cross-platform OneLink template (with a template ID) created by the advertisers. This lets advertisers group multiple apps from different platforms (for example, both Android and iOS apps) using a single URL.
When users view the ad on CTV, you send AppsFlyer the impression URL in real time.
Postbacks are sent to you after each conversion.
To set up CTV-to-mobile app view-through attribution with an advertiser:
- Make sure you're an AppsFlyer integrated partner, that you have postbacks properly set up, and that you've tested your CTV-to-mobile app integration with AppsFlyer.
- Make sure the URL has the mandatory parameters, as well as any other parameters you want.
- Send AppsFlyer the user IP address and user agent. These are required for CTV-to-mobile app view-through attribution. They can be sent either:
- As the
af_uaparameters on the impression URL.
<User-Agent>parameters in the headers of the request.
- As the
Test partner integration
To test CTV-to-mobile app view-through attribution:
- Use the following test apps: com.appsflyer.android.deviceid and id1192323960
Contact the AppsFlyer Partner Solutions Team to receive a test URL (log in to your partner dashboard, and click Help > Contact our team).
- Sample URL:
- Sample URL:
- Confirm your partner ID in the
pidparameter is correct.
- Enter your IP address for the
- Enter your user agent for the
- Enter the URL into a desktop browser.
- On your mobile device, go to the app store, and download, install and launch the app.
- A new install should display in AppsFlyer and you should receive a corresponding postback. If you don’t see the install or get the postback, contact the Partner Solutions Team.
The following parameters are used to provide attribution data and measurement for the advertisers.
|template_ID||✓||The ID of the OneLink template. The template contains basic prediction settings for the advertiser apps, and is the basis for creating other links.|
The partner identifier, allocated by AppsFlyer to the media source (ad network) placing the ad.
Configurable window that indicates the number of hours following the impression during which the app install can be attributed to the impression. Available parameter values: 1h - 72h (hours). The default is 24h.
Other parameters that can be added to the URL can be found in the attribution link structure and parameters article.
Traits and limitations
Between 1-72 hours, depending on the lookback window parameter
|Attribution method||View-through attribution using probabilistic modeling (IP address)|
|Household attribution||Supported. Meaning multiple installs within the same household can be attributed to the same CTV ad impression.|
|Test partner integration||Not available for ad networks that have been flagged for high rates of mobile app-to-mobile app fraud or are affiliated with different flagged media sources.|