Pivot by AppsFlyer provides marketers with unparalleled deep analysis capabilities, speed and ease of use in a familiar format - without the need to download data or rebuild custom pivot tables.
Pivot is an AppsFlyer premium feature.
With Pivot, marketers can answer their complicated questions right from the AppsFlyer dashboard, collaborate with colleagues and improve their agility, adapting to new and emerging opportunities faster and more easily. Pivot saves you time and is incredibly simple to use. Pivot consists of an intuitive drag-and-drop mechanism for selecting the data you want to view.
Pivot comes with a number of pre-defined reports, together with the ability to very easily create your own customized reports.
The information displayed in the Pivot is based on the information found in the Master API. For more information on the Master API, click here.
1. From the dashboard menu, select Pivot.
2. The Pivot window opens:
NOTE: Columns can be arranged in ascending or descending order by clicking the column title. You can also amend the width of each column.
The drop-down menu at the top of the screen contains three pre-configured reports for you to view:
- Media Source by Date (default view)
- Full Hierarchy
- Cost Analysis
NOTE: These reports are view only and cannot be altered. However, they can be duplicated to create different reports.
Creating a New Pivot
1. Click New Pivot at the bottom of the drop-down window:
2. The New Pivot window opens:
3. Enter the name of the new Pivot to be created.
4. Click Submit to open the edit section of the create and edit Pivot process.
Editing the Pivot
1. The following window opens and already contains the name of the new Pivot given by you in the previous window. Click Edit Pivot.
2. The Edit Pivot Table window opens.
3. From the left pane of the window expand the Dimension options, select the dimensions you want to add and drag them to the appropriate section:
- Filters - Here you can set the dimensions and KPI type to be Text or Multi-select.
- Columns - Here you can set which data you want to appear in the columns of the Pivot.
- Rows - Here you can place your dimensions and determine the group-by hierarchy.
- Values - Here you can select the KPI value to appear in the Pivot.
4. Expand the KPI options and again, drag and drop them into the appropriate section.
NOTE: You can drag and drop the selection to change the order of them in the table.
5. In the Filters section you can change the operation from Text to Multi-Select
6. In the Values section you can change the operation for each KPI to either Sum, Count, Max, Min or Rate.
7. Once you have completed your selections, click Apply.
Your new Pivot appears in the drop-down menu on the main Pivot page. Select it to open it.
NOTE: If you add too many selections, you may receive a message asking you to reduce the number of selections.
Set out below are additional functions that you can perform with Pivot.
Duplicating, Editing and Deleting
Pre-configured Pivots are read only. You can however, click duplicate. This creates a copy of the current settings and allows you to edit them under a new name.
For Pivots that have been created manually, from the drop-down menu you have the option to perform the following:
Additionally, you can click Edit Pivot to open the Edit Pivot window and rearrange your selections.
Export to CSV
If you want to export your Pivot to a .CSV file, click More and from the drop-down select Export to CSV. The report is then downloaded.
Using the filters you can perform a multi-combo filter which is much stronger and allows multi-selecting filters to ensure you are displayed exactly the information you want to view.
Where a filter allows you to enter free text, you can perform additional features to filter the information displayed in the Pivot. In addition, you can enter a string that matches a result, e.g. in Media Source filter enter Facebook.
Use the Date Selector to refine your search to specific dates. You can select your own custom date range or use one of the preset date range buttons. The results are returned according to UTC (GMT) timezone.