Advertisers can allow agencies to run campaigns on their behalf using the Google Ads integration.
Both advertisers and agencies must actively configure the system. The video below describes what steps need to be taken by the advertiser and the agency in order for the agency to track mobile traffic it gets to the advertiser's app on Google Ads.
Before the Agency begins using this guide, the Advertiser must first configure the Google Ads integration. For details, click here.
Setting-Up Google Ads Tracking for Agencies
To start agency tracking of Google Ads campaigns with AppsFlyer, follow these steps:
Advertiser Pre-Step: Sharing the Link ID with the Agency and Agency Permissions
The advertiser must grant the agency access to the app by following the instructions detailed here.
1. Go to your Google Ads Dashboard and click Tools
2. Select Linked Accounts.
3. Under App Analytics Provider, find AppsFlyer and Select Options.
4. Click Share with Another Account.
5. Insert the new Agency’s Google Ads Customer ID
6. Click Next >> Send Invite
The advertiser can now see that the invitation request has been sent to the Agency. When the Agency accepts the invite, the status changes to Sharing.
For more details on sharing your Google Ads Link ID, click here.
Agency Step 1: Accepting the Link ID
The Agency can see the link status is now Active.
Agency Step 2: Setting Up Google Ads on AppsFlyer
Click Integrated Partners on the left tool bar, search and select Google Ads.
The Link ID generated and set by the advertiser is grayed out to the Agency.
The Agency now sets its Google Ads Customer ID.
Enter all of the Google Ads Customer IDs (Sub Accounts) of the Google Ads accounts that the agency is running campaigns for the advertiser's app.
You can find the Google Ads Customer ID by clicking on the arrow in the top left corner and thereby opening the Navigation Panel.
- To track running retargeting campaigns on Google Ads, ask from the advertiser to toggle Google Ads Retargeting to ON. Once it's done, you can configure the Re-Engagement Window.
- We recommend setting the Click-Through Attribution Lookback Window to 30 days, to match the Google Ads value.
- The View-Through recommended is 1 day, to match the Google Ads value. The scale allows you to customize the number of hours/days after an ad is viewed, during which the impression can be attributed to this partner.
Click Save & Close.
Agency Step 3: Mapping Your In-App Events
1. Click the In-App Events tab.
Import the first-open and in-app actions to Google Ads to begin counting conversions in both Google Ads and your AppsFlyer dashboard.
To be able to import, you must launch the app and perform your mapped in-app events at least once.
- It may take up to 6 hours until the new conversions change status from No Recent Conversion to Recording Conversion.
- If an agency works with an MCC account and the app is promoted via several MCC sub-accounts all sub-accounts must be configured in the Google Ads Customer ID field (as seen on above screen shot).
In such a case there is no need to configure the customer id of the MCC account.
Agency Step 4: Tracking Your App Conversions
7. Check the box next to first_open ALL your apps and for each event you want to import.
8. Click Import and Continue
9. Click Done. You can now see your third-party conversion event in the Conversion Actions table.
Click the name of the event to see more details.
Congratulations! You have now completed the agency setup for tracking Google Ads mobile installs on AppsFlyer.
To watch the video "Setting-Up Google Ads Tracking for Advertisers" click here.
- The Click Attribution Lookback Window default is set up to 30 days but the agency can change this.
- The agency can retrieve cost data from Google Ads by clicking the Connect button.
- The cost is shown both on the agency and advertiser dashboards at campaign level.
- For iOS apps the Google Ads configuration window contains a link generator and a tracking link section as Google iOS mobile web campaigns could use attribution via tracking links. For non-UAC campaigns, consult with your Google representative.