At a glance: Measure the broader impact of media sources that engaged your users and assisted before the last touch.
Assisted installs (AKA multi-touch attribution) are installs where the media source/campaign didn't have the last touch but did touch the user before the install and during the attribution window.
Analytical data of assisted installs are available at both the media source and campaign levels to measure the broader impact of each media source and campaign.
View assisted installs metrics in the Overview dashboard
To view assisted installs in the Overview dashboard:
- In the Overview dashboard, select the Extended overview report.
- Scroll down to the charts located after the table.
- Select the Media source or Campaign dimension.
- Select the Assisted installs metric.
The assisted installs chart displays.
Why are assists important
In many cases, potential users get familiar with an app via the assisting source but fail to install it for some reason. Thus measuring and recognizing assists is important in campaign optimization and measurement.
Assisted installs reporting
AppsFlyer attributes up to three contributing networks in addition to the attributed install source. Data on the contributing networks and the assisted installs is available in raw data reports.
For each of the contributing networks, the raw data report includes the following:
- Network name (Media source)
- Campaign name
- Engagement time (touch time)
- Engagement type (click or impression)
- Name of the involved agency (partner), if there was one
- Match type (ID matching, Google Play Referrer, or SRN)
Several major ad networks restrict sharing their data with 3rd party platforms, including agencies. Therefore, assisted installs do not appear in the agency dashboard for these networks.