At a glance: SRNs and some ad networks place restrictions on the use and retention of user-level data they provide to AppsFlyer and advertisers.
This article deals with user-level data provided to AppsFlyer and the retention policies of SRNs. It does not relate to user-level data attributed to the restricted media source.
Data retention and deletion obligations
AppsFlyer retains user-level (raw-data) for 24 months except where otherwise directed, required, or allowed by law.
Some SRNs/partners require attribution providers, including AppsFlyer, to delete SRN/partner-related user-level data before the expiry of the 24 month period as listed in the table that follows.
- After deletion, events related to deleted users display as organic.
- Past aggregate data is not changed.
|SRN/partner||Partner ID (PID)||After install, delete data after [x] months||Redact media source when sharing (show as organic)|
|Facebook (TOS)||facebook ads (all channels)||6||Yes|
|Google Ads||googleadwords_int (all channels)||6|
|Microsoft||microsoftdisplay_int and bingsearch_int||13|
Verizon Media (Oath: Ad Platforms / Yahoo Gemini)
Sending data to third parties
- Some SRNs/partners (listed in the previous table) require advertisers to redact the media source when sharing the data with a third party like Mixpanel or Swrve.
- We do this by substituting the original media source with organic.
- Restricted media source data is never shared.