This article is intended for customers who want to send attribution data to Amplitude.
Amplitude provides product analytics to help mobile and web companies understand user behavior. Product, marketing, and growth teams use Amplitude to discover and share insights about user engagement, retention, and revenue.
Some media sources restrict sharing data with third parties.
- AppsFlyer doesn't share user-level data of users acquired through media sources having restrictions with third-party platforms or services.
- Installs from such media sources are sent as organic.
Setting up amplitude
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Amplitude" in the search field and click on its logo to open the Amplitude configuration window.
The Amplitude configuration window only makes use of the Integration tab.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
On the first visit here, you will need to toggle below. ON the Activate Partner button to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
Amplitude connects with AppsFlyer via a unique API Key. If you don't already have it, you must obtain them from Amplitude to continue with the integration or follow the steps below.
Obtaining the API key
1. Get the API Key from Amplitude:
- Login to your Amplitude account
- Navigate to your Application Settings by clicking on the gear icon next to the Amplitude Application you wish to send your AppsFlyer data to
- Get the API Key from App Info in the upper right corner
2. Configure Amplitude in AppsFlyer’s Dashboard.
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Amplitude user installs. Use this section to define sending these postbacks.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to send postbacks for any user that downloads the app to Amplitude.
- Enter the API Key in the field.
- Select Advanced Data Sharing. This is optional.
When set AppsFlyer passes to Amplitude the following data mapped to the listed Amplitude Property:
|Amplitude Property||AppsFlyer Data Point|
Once you have saved the configuration, AppsFlyer sends the following data to Amplitude for every organic and non-organic install:
- Device ID (IDFA / Google Advertising ID)
- Media Source
- Campaign name
Attribution link tab
Cost data is not supported in the integration with this partner.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue is not supported in the integration with this partner.
Permissions are not available for Amplitude.
Viewing the attribution data in Amplitude console
Attribution data sent from AppsFlyer to Amplitude is displayed in your dashboards as events and properties prefixed with [AppsFlyer].