At a glance: Amplitude, an AppsFlyer integrated partner, provides product analytics to help mobile and web companies understand user behavior. Product, marketing, and growth teams use Amplitude to discover and share insights about user engagement, retention, and revenue.
Some media sources restrict sharing data with third parties.
- AppsFlyer doesn't share user-level data of users acquired through media sources having restrictions with third-party platforms or services.
- Installs from such media sources are sent as organic.
Setting up amplitude
The setup is done from the Integrated Partners page, but to find the partner you must first go to the marketplace.
Before setting up an integration, make sure you contact the partner and open an account with them.
To activate the integration:
- From the top menu of any AppsFlyer page, click Marketplace.
- Search for the partner and select it.
- Click Set up integration. You’re directed to the integration setup page.
- In the Integration tab, select the app for the integration and turn Activate partner on.
Note: The toggle must be on (activated) for as long as you work with the partner.
- Complete the configuration using the relevant tabs, as described below.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
On the first visit here, you will need to turn Activate Partner on to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle must be on for as long as you work with the partner.
Learn more about partner activation.
Amplitude connects with AppsFlyer via a unique API Key. If you don't already have it, you must obtain it from Amplitude to continue with the integration or follow the steps below.
Obtaining the API key from Amplitude
Note: Only users who have the Admin or Manager role on Amplitude can access the API Key.
- Login to your Amplitude account.
- Go to Manage Data:
- Select the project to send AppsFlyer data to.
- Click Project Settings.
- Copy the API Key:
- Proceed to configure Amplitude in AppsFlyer Dashboard.
Advanced data sharing
To share additional information with Amplitude, turn on Advanced data sharing.
When turned on, AppsFlyer passes to Amplitude the following data mapped to the listed Amplitude Property:
|Amplitude Property||AppsFlyer Data Point|
Amplitude data center
When Amplitude EU Data Center is off, install postbacks are sent to the US data center.
To send install postbacks to Amplitude's EU data center, turn Amplitude EU Data Center on.
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Amplitude user installs. Use this section to define sending these postbacks.
Select All media sources, including organic to send postbacks to Amplitude for any user that downloads the app.
In-app event settings
- Enter the API Key.
- When Amplitude Data Center is off, in-app events postbacks are sent to the US data center.
To send in-app events postbacks to Amplitude's EU data center, turn Amplitude Data Center on.
Once you have saved the configuration, AppsFlyer sends the following data to Amplitude:
- Device ID (IDFV/Google Advertising ID)
- Media Source
- Campaign name
Sending IDFA for iOS devices is subject to ATT consent by the user and to Advanced Privacy settings.
Attribution link tab
Cost data is not supported in the integration with this partner.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue is not supported in the integration with this partner.
Permissions are not available for Amplitude.
Viewing attribution data in the Amplitude console
Attribution data sent from AppsFlyer to Amplitude is displayed in your dashboards as events and properties prefixed with [AppsFlyer]:
In some cases, Amplitude shows data coming from AppsFlyer as "Blocked". If you can't see AppsFlyer data in Amplitude, check if it's defined as a blocked event.