At a glance: Retention and user-level (raw data) use policies set by SRNs and ad networks ("Partners").
This article deals with user-level data provided to AppsFlyer and the retention policies of Partners. It doesn't relate to user-level data attributed to the restricted media source.
Data retention and deletion obligations
AppsFlyer retains user-level (raw data) for 24 months except for any of the following. The availability of this data is subject to the following:
- Where otherwise directed, required, or allowed by law
- According to the requirements of some partners who require attribution providers, including AppsFlyer, to delete user-level data before the expiry of the 24 month period as listed in the table that follows.
- AppsFlyer rate limitation policy
After deletion, raw data related to deleted users is displayed as organic, while aggregate data remains unaffected.
|SRN/partner||Partner ID (PID)||After install, delete data after [x] months||Redact media source when sharing (show as organic)|
|Facebook (TOS)||Facebook Ads (all channels)||6||Yes|
|Google Ads||googleadwords_int (all channels)||6|
|Microsoft||microsoftdisplay_int and bingsearch_int||13|
Verizon Media (Oath: Ad Platforms / Yahoo Gemini)
Sending data to third parties
- Some Partners (listed in the previous table) require advertisers to redact the media source when sharing the data with a third party like Mixpanel or Swrve.
- We do this by substituting the original media source with organic.
- Restricted media source data is never shared.