AppsFlyer provides the data restriction explanations, in this article, for information purposes only. Nothing stated here is legal advice. It is provided for your information and convenience.
Data retention and deletion obligations
AppsFlyer receives user-level data from apps, Partners, and other sources.
Availability of user-level data to advertisers
Typically user-level data is made available to advertisers via raw data reporting tools if their subscription package includes raw data during an access window of 90 days (AppsFlyer rate limitations.)
AppsFlyer retains user-level data for a limited retention period. Before the end of the retention period user events are attributed to the media source bringing the user. After the end of the retention period user events are attributed to organic.
The retention period is determined according to the following:
- As directed, required, or allowed by law
Consider the following:
- The access window and retention period may differ
- AppsFlyer, in some cases, may extend the access window
- The retention period can vary per partner bringing the user
- Some user-level data is attributed to the restricted media source, which means that raw data doesn't contain the attribution data. This can occur in the following instances:
- Partner data sharing policy
- Aggregated Advanced Privacy is on
|SRN/partner||Partner ID (PID)||After install, delete data after [x] months||Redact media sources when sharing with third parties|
|Facebook Ads (all channels)||6||Yes|
|Google Ads||googleadwords_int (all channels)||6|
|Microsoft||microsoftdisplay_int and bingsearch_int||13|
|Yahoo (Oath: Ad Platforms / Yahoo Gemini)||-||Yes|
Sending data to third parties
- Some Partners (listed in the previous table) require advertisers to redact the media source when sharing the data with a third party like Mixpanel or Swrve.
- We do this by substituting the original media source with organic.