At a glance: The generic AppsFlyer ad revenue SDK connector works with ad networks to report ad revenue with impression-level granularity.
Impression-level ad revenue reporting by SDK connector
Ad revenue reporting options
Ad revenue is reported to AppsFlyer by either aggregate granularity (via API) or impression-level granularity (via SDK). Impression-level data via SDK:
- Has better data freshness and earlier availability in AppsFlyer.
- Supports SKAN.
- These impressions are collected and processed in AppsFlyer, but aren't counted against your in-apps package.
There is an AppsFlyer ad revenue plugin for Unity.
Reporting ad revenue using the SDK connector
SDK principles of operation
The ad revenue SDK connector sends impression revenue data to the AppsFlyer SDK. These impression events are collected and processed in AppsFlyer, and ad revenue event,
af_ad_revenue , is generated in the platform with the revenue attributed to the original UA source.
af_ad_revenue event is used to identify ad revenue. This event is used throughout the platform including dashboards and other data delivery tools.
The list of supported ad revenue mediation and monetization networks that can send us data via the generic ad revenue SDK connector is as follows:
- Unity LevelPlay mediation (formerly ironSource)
- Applovin Max
- Google AdMob
- Admost [Beta]
- Topon [Beta]
- Tradplus [Beta]
The SDK connector sends the revenue data to the platform at the time the ad displays. The data is available in the platform sometime thereafter. (For Day 0 ad revenue attribution beta participants, the data should first become available in the platform’s activity and cohort reports at 5 AM UTC, and every 4 hours thereafter.)
Implementing generic AppsFlyer ad revenue SDK connector
To implement the generic AppsFlyer ad revenue SDK connector:
- Enable SDK-level ad revenue in AppsFlyer for the partner you want to connect. Note: This needs to be done for each app individually.
- Tell your developer to integrate the generic AppsFlyer ad revenue SDK connector using their Android and iOS instructions.
- To record ad revenue in your SKAdNetwork dashboard, follow the SKAN ad revenue instructions.
Traits and limitations
|Admob||For Android and Unity, impression revenue is reported by the Admob iLTV SDK in micro-units. For the correct ad revenue amount in USD to display in AppsFlyer, before sending the ad revenue amount to AppsFlyer, divide the amount extracted from the iLTV event handler by 1 million.|
|Ad revenue value||Impression events with revenue values above $10 (and the equivalent in other currencies) aren't processed by the SDK connector.|