Xiaomi, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, operates the the XiaoMi Android App Store which ranks in the Top 5 Android App Distribution Platforms in China, with 5 billion app downloads per month.
In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Xiaomi also offers view-through attribution, which you can track with AppsFlyer.
To configure your campaigns with Xiaomi, follow the steps below.
Setting Up Xiaomi
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Xiaomi" in the search field and click on its logo to open Xiaomi's configuration window.
Xiaomi's configuration window includes 4 tabs: Integration, Tracking link, Data enrichment and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Xiaomi. The view-through lookback slider is available on the tracking link tab (described below).
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Xiaomi following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Tracking Link Tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Tracking Link Parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the tracking link.
Adding parameters to the tracking link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the tracking link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with Xiaomi.
Tracking link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Xiaomi campaigns.
Tracking link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns Xiaomi.
Tracking link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Tracking link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Tracking link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the tracking link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Tracking Link Structure and Parameters.
Click Tracking Link
This is the tracking link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Xiaomi to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
View-Through Attribution Lookback Window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to Xiaomi, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days.
Tracking link parameter: af_viewthrough_lookback
More details about the view-through attribution here.
Impressions Tracking Link
The impression tracking link contains similar attribution data to the click tracking link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to Xiaomi to be activated when a corresponding ad is watched, usually for 1 second or more.
Data Enrichment Tab
Data Enrichment is not supported in the integration with this partner.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Xiaomi, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Xiaomi, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Xiaomi.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
Ad Network Permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.