At a glance: The Activity dashboard contains app activity metrics for events that take place during the selected period. Current day counters update in real-time.
- Contains organic and non-organic traffic
- Date range relates to the event date
- Metric data freshness:
- Current day: real-time. Like, DAU, sessions, revenue
- Average: Daily. Example: MAU, Average DAU, Average MAU
- Geo filter relates to the user location at time of install
Dashboard features and layout
Average number of daily active users, per day, during the selected period.
Example: Calculating average DAU
Average DAU = (10+12+8)/3= 10.
Monthly active users display in both the detailed and high-Level tabs
Revenue generated for the selected period. Revenue consists of in-app purchases (if reported) and ad revenue.
Average revenue per daily active user.
Example: Calculation of ARPDAU
Sessions during the selected date range (if reported by the app)
Number of installs during the specified date range
The detailed analysis tab is divided into sections: headline metrics, activity trend, and activity summary.
Average active users
|Total installs: Number of installs divided into organic and non-organic installs|
|Total sessions: Number of sessions divided into sessions by organic and non-organic users|
|Total revenue: Revenue divided into revenue of organic and non-organic users|
For an explanation of each Activity Metric, click here.
Data freshness and limitations
Data freshness is as follows:
- Metric (sum) Metrics: Real-time
- Average Metrics: Daily. Note: Average Metrics are not calculated in real-time to avoid distorting the average with data from incomplete days. If the date range includes the current day, then the following occurs:
- If the date range is for the current day only: average results are not displayed.
- If the date range is for a period that includes the current day: the average is calculated without including data from the current day.
- Ad revenue is recorded with a lag:
- The data is available in the dashboard 40 hours after the end of day UTC on which the ad displays.
- This means for example, that ad revenue for ads displayed on Day 0, displays on Day 2.
- Ad revenue is reported under the following date:
- Aggregate-level data: under Day 1 (the day the data is pulled).
- User-level data: under Day 0 (the day the ad displays).
Different data freshness in the Activity dashboard - Daily and real-time
Data presentation limitations
The data presentation limitations are described in this section.
Activity Summary table:
Activity shown relates to the primary attribution media source. This means that retargeting activity and revenue are associated with retargeting campaigns and not the UA campaign.
Example Re-engagement primary attribution
A user clicks on a Network A ad and installs the app. Some days later, the user clicks on a retargeting ad on Network B makes an in-app purchase.
If the purchase is made within the Network B re-engagement window Network B is the primary attribution source and the purchase event is shown under Network B in the Activity report.
The Activity dashboard doesn't contain uninstalls.
Historical data limitations
The earliest date available for historical data in the dashboard is:
High-Level tab: 12 months before the current month. Meaning if the current month is July, 12 months is August of the previous year.
Detailed tab: January 2016
Maximum display range: two months. If a longer period is specified, the range is reduced to two months and a message is displayed.
Geo and Date dimensions are the only dimensions with historical data from before March 1, 2017.