AppsFlyer’s in-app events provide advertisers with the ability to track any post-install event and attribute it to a media source and campaign. Networks and Media Sources can use this data in order to optimize their advertising capabilities. This can also enable you to create custom audiences and retargeting lists etc...
Where possible, it is very important that in-app events are mapped to the media source in the AppsFlyer dashboard. This should be performed using the AppsFlyer standard values for SDK in-app events.
It is important to know that the names of event tags used by AppsFlyer may differ from the name of those used by the media source. The names must be matched so that the media source can identify the post-install event and attribute it accordingly.
Performing In-App Event Mapping
- From the AppsFlyer dashboard select Media Source Configuration.
- Enter the name or search for the media source that you want to map your in-app events to.
- The Configure Media Source window opens
- Either click the link (marked in the screenshot) or click the In-App Events tab at the top of the window.
- In the In-App Events Mappings section, select the AppsFlyer SDK Event from the dropdown menu and then map it to the Media Source Event tag. The events appearing in the dropdown menu are those events that occurred within the previous seven days.
- Uncheck the Send Value box to send all event parameters without the monetary value (af_revenue parameter). Check the box to include the monetary value in your event to the media source, along with all other parameters.
- Continue to add events until you have all the events you want to map, to send this data to the media source.
- Click Save & Close.