At a glance: The Partner dashboard (and reports) allows ad networks to view and analyze all campaign traffic for different clients attributed to your network.
Login to the dashboard
- From the AppsFlyer website, click Login to enter the system.
- The Login window opens. Enter your user name and password.
- Click Log In.
- You are then prompted to search for the specific app for which you would like to view the data.
- Enter the Package Name or App Bundle ID.
- Click Go to open the dashboard for the selected app.
The first information displayed at the top of the dashboard is the KPIs for Impressions and Clicks, total non-organic installs, and the conversion rate of clicks to installs.
The percentages represent the trend between the time frame currently displayed and the equivalent preceding time frame. For example, if you are viewing the last week, the trend displayed shows the difference in KPIs with the week prior to the currently selected time period.
AppsFlyer offers you a number of filtering options to enable you to refine your search and view the information most relevant to you.
- Select yourself from the Media Source drop-down menu allows you to view all data at the campaign level.
- Once you have selected the media source, from the Campaign filter dropdown select an option to view a specific campaign.
- Use the Geo dropdown to select a specific geo region and view app activities for that region.
- Use the date selector to refine your search to specific dates. You can select your own custom date range or use one of the preset date range buttons.
The User Acquisition Trends graph displays, by default, impressions, clicks, and non-organic installs for the app according to the filters selected. Click the icons (at the bottom of the graph) to toggle between the different values on the graph.
In Partner Dashboard, the data is presented in the UTC timezone and in USD currency.
The next graph displays the breakdown of the data by Campaign if you have selected yourself as the media source in the Media Source filter above.
You are then shown the breakdown of Installs, Lifetime Loyal Users, and Lifetime Revenue into graphical form for the selected time range:
If you see a message There is no data to display in any widget, there can be two possible reasons:
- You still haven't been attributed this kind of data
- The app owner hasn't given you permissions to this kind of data. Contact the app owner to get access to the data. Note, that if you work with an agency, and not directly with the app owner, the agency should request from the advertiser to provide these permissions to you.
Continue to scroll down and the next section of the dashboard displays the Aggregated Performance Report - at a campaign level.
Uninstall data is not available in the Overview in Partner dashboard. The Uninstalls column always displays this data as N/A.
If the app owner has given you access to in-app events, this widget shows 5 events most attributed to you:
This information displayed is for Assisted Installs. In the example below, it shows that of the total number of installs generated by you, 96.28% were direct installs and 3.72% were assisted installs to which you contributed.
The bottom of the dashboard handles the Geographical Distribution of the app data. The data is divided into geographical distribution and top countries.
To view report data, click on Export Data on the left-hand menu bar.
The Reports window opens.
You can select to download the following reports:
- Daily Performance Report
- Installation Postbacks Report
- In-App Event Postbacks Report
Event value data is not displayed in this report. To get event values, you can do one of the following:
- Request from the advertiser to provide you in-app event raw data reports
(event-value)macro to the postback URL
- Blocked Fraud Report
Using Postback reports
You can use the Installation and In-app event postback reports to find 'missing' actions., i.e. when the advertiser's raw data shows user actions that were not recorded in the ad network.
Download the relevant Postbacks report and look for the Postback URL and Postback Http Response Code fields:
- If the response code is 200, AppsFlyer sent the postback and received acknowledgment from the ad network.
- If the response code is missing, AppsFlyer sent the postback but received no response. The Postback Error Message field describes the problem.
Viewing configuration settings and data
Click Integrated Partners on the left side of the window to view the current configuration settings. Even if you have not been granted permissions, you may be able to view the configuration settings (read-only mode).
Ad network can view the configuration on its dashboard only when it is set up by the advertiser.
Agencies can configure ad network setup upon getting relevant permission from the advertiser. Note that when the configuration is made by an agency, the ad network sees it as inactive.
Using the Permissions tab, advertisers can grant different types of permissions to the ad networks.
The first step is for your client to enable permissions. Your client should toggle Ad Network Permissions on. When they do so, the following takes place:
- The app appears in your ad network account.
- The admin of your ad network account gets access to view the dashboard of your client's app. At the first stage, only the admin has access. If you want your team member to also view the app's dashboard, your client needs to give them permissions.
- Permissions to view the app's dashboard are given only to your ad network.
Granting permissions to ad network team members
If you want your team member to also view the app's dashboard, your client needs to give them permissions.
- Give your client the emails of the team members that you want the client to give permissions to.
- The client should then add them in the integration with your ad network.
Granting additional permissions
Your client can grant additional permission for the ad network and its team members to view the following:
- Integration parameter configuration
- In-app event postback configuration
- Retention report
- Loyal users
- In-app events
- Protect360 dashboard - available only to Protect360 customers
To allow this, contact your client to select you from the Integrated Partners list and grant you access to the relevant section within the Permissions tab.
When the advertiser gives permission for the ad network to configure their attribution link and map in-app events, they can enter the relevant tabs and make changes accordingly.
- Any changes made to the configuration overwrites the current configuration irrespective of whether it is set by the advertiser or the ad network.
- Agencies can add ad network team members to the configuration, but only app owners can provide permissions to ad networks.
Once your client has granted you permission to the integration parameter configurations, you are able to access it from the left side of the main dashboard and select Integrated Partners.
If your client has granted you permission to the Retention Report, you are able to access it from the left side of the main dashboard and select Retention.