At a glance: Optimize Meta ads campaigns by using Meta campaign management partners (formerly known as Facebook Marketing Partners), such as Kenshoo, Bidalgo, and Smartly. When configured, AppsFlyer sends them the postbacks.
Configure Meta campaign management partners
The setup is done from the partner integration configuration page, but to find the partner you must first go to the marketplace.
Before setting up an integration, make sure you contact the partner and open an account with them.
To configure a Meta campaign management partner:
- In AppsFlyer, under Configuration go to Partner Marketplace.
- Search for the partner and select it.
- Click Set up integration. You’re directed to the integration setup page.
- From the Integration tab, turn on Activate partner.
Note: The toggle must stay on (activated) for as long as you work with the partner.
- Enter the necessary configuration parameters. This varies according to the selected Meta campaign management partner.
- Click Save Integration.
In-app event postback setup
In order for the partner to get postbacks, campaign names must be prefixed by the Meta campaign management partner name. For example, if the Meta campaign management partner name is Mcmpexample and the segment is Young_Segment, set the campaign name to mcmpexample_Young_Segment.
Note: The Meta campaign management partner name is case-sensitive.
To setup in-app event postbacks:
Turn on In-app event postbacks.
- Complete the required parameters according to the mapping method:
Parameter name Description AppsFlyer event
The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated into your app or from server-to-server events.
Tip: Don't see the event you're looking for?
- Make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation, and recheck.
- Type it in AppsFlyer event, then click Create custom. Read more about custom event mapping.
mapped to partner event
The unique name or ID of each event, as defined on the partner's side. Possible mapping configurations are:
- Text field: Get the corresponding event ID from the partner.
- Drop-down box: Select the most suitable pre-defined partner event.
- As is: Send the events as they are, without mapping the event name.
for users from
Select the sending option for the event:
- This partner only: Send postbacks only when the event is attributed to this partner—meaning, the user who performed it came from this partner.
- All media sources including organic: Send postbacks for events attributed to any partner and for organic events—meaning, when the user who performed it came from any media source.
Select which event data to share with the partner in the postback:
- No values & no revenue: Send just the event itself without any parameters (values or revenue).
- Values & no revenue: Send all the parameters excluding the revenue value.
- Values & revenue: Send all the event parameters, including the revenue value (if exists in the event).
- [Optional] Click to set conditions for sending certain in-app events to the partner.
- [Optional] Click Add event to add another SDK or server-to-server event to the list.
- Click Save Integration.
- Disabling attribution for Meta ads prevents sending postbacks to Meta campaign management partners
- The in-app events mapping with the Meta campaign management partners, or lack of it, does not affect the sending of in-app events to Meta ads directly from the advertiser's account.
- In-app events mapping may require different setup parameters depending on the Meta campaign management partner.
- Meta ads and X Ads campaign names must start with the Meta campaign management partner account name, as defined in the AppsFlyer platform, followed by an underscore "_". When campaigns aren't named as mentioned, they're visible to the advertiser but not to the Meta campaign management partner. The Meta campaign management partner name is case-sensitive.