Quora, one of AppsFlyer's integrated partners, is one of the most popular online Q&A communities. Over 300 million unique visitors come to Quora every month to ask questions and read insightful answers.
Quora's large, engaged audience is one of the key reasons why marketers have found success advertising on Quora.
To configure your campaigns with Quora, follow the steps below.
Setting Up Quora
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Quora" in the search field and click on its logo to open Quora's configuration window.
Quora's configuration window includes 3 active tabs: Integration, Tracking link and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Quora following user installs.
The option Only events attributed to this partner is the only option with Quora and is selected by default.
Tracking Link Tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Tracking Link Parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the tracking link.
Adding parameters to the tracking link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the tracking link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with Quora.
Tracking link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Quora campaigns.
Tracking link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns Quora.
Tracking link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Tracking link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Tracking link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the tracking link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Tracking Link Structure and Parameters.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Quora.
Tracking link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click Tracking Link
This is the tracking link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Quora to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
Cost integration is not available for this partner.
Ad Revenue Tab
Ad Revenue integration is not available for this partner.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Quora, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Quora, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Quora.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
Ad Network Permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.