At a glance: Use People-based attribution (PBA) to get a complete picture of campaign performance across web and mobile platforms.
Implementing PBA requires defining Brand bundles in the platform and integrating the web SDK into your website. Once done, AppsFlyer collects and attributes PBA data enabling you to analyze where users come from and how to optimize campaigns.
To implement PBA set up the following:
- Configure Brand bundles to consolidate the data of apps having the same brand. This enables the analysis of install, conversion, revenue, and user activity data of the brand as a whole.
- Add the web SDK to your website to record data about campaigns and user activity on your website. The data is consolidated with mobile data giving you a holistic view of campaign performance across the brand.
Using PBA data and analytics
Having implemented PBA, you can access and analyze the data in a number of ways.
- People-based analytics offers a complete picture of user acquisition and conversion flows across platforms, devices, and marketing channels. In the platform, a table summarising the data collected about campaigns and conversions is available. Use this to focus on specific metrics and filter or group data according to location, device type, media sources, campaigns, and more.
- Web-to-app analytics is part of People-based analytics and analyzes how web traffic contributes to app installs.
- If one of your marketing goals is to convert users from web to app, web-to-app analysis lets you analyze conversion rates and media source contributions.
- This type of analysis lets you understand where potential app users come from. Use it to analyze web campaign results to identify where resources should be invested to grow your mobile user base.
- PBA raw data is used for in-depth insights. Data regarding website visits and user activity is available in raw data reports. Analyze the data with BI tools to gain more insights. You can also merge PBA raw data with mobile app raw data.