At a glance: Hotstar, an AppsFlyer integrated partner, is a major ad-supported streaming service in India.
Hotstar integration in AppsFlyer
To configure the partner integration:
- Go to Configuration > Integrated Partners.
- In the list of Integrated partners, search for Hotstar.
- Click Hotstar to open the configuration page.
- Set tabs as needed:
- [Mandatory] Integration: Configure the integration (connection) between Hotstar and AppsFlyer.
- Attribution link: Generate attribution links to be used with ads on Hotstar.
- Cost is not active for this partner.
- Ad revenue is not active for this partner.
- Permissions: Grant permissions to Hotstar to view and manage your data in AppsFlyer. Note: You can grant permissions without the need to complete the Integration tab.
The following sections explain how to configure each tab.
Connect to Hotstar by activating and setting parameters in the integration tab.To configure the integration:
- Enable Activate partner.
- Under General settings enable/disable View-through attribution:
- [Default] Enable: Activate to attribute view-through installs to Hotstar. The length of the lookback window is configured in the Attribution link tab.
- Disable: View-through installs from the partner are not attributed.
Default postbacks: AppsFlyer sends postbacks to Hotstar after the user installs the app. Only users attributed to Hotstar are reported.
- In-app events settings: To send postbacks to Hotstar, map in-app event IDs to Hotstar's. Configure the parameters as follows:
- Enable In-app events postbacks.
- Sending option: Only events attributed to this partner can be sent to Hotstar.
- Click Add event to add an SDK event to the list. Complete the parameters as described in the following table.
SDK event name
Event name received by AppsFlyer from:
Tip: If a needed event isn't in the list, perform a non-organic installation on a device, then check again.
Partner event identifier
|Unique event name or ID as defined by Hotstar. Get from Hotstar event ID corresponding to your SDK event and insert it in the text field.|
[Default] Not enabled: AppsFlyer sends all the in-app parameters to Hotstar, except for the revenue parameter (
Enabled: AppsFlyer sends all the in-app parameters including, when available, the revenue amount.
Attribution link generation
|Attribution link type||Link activation||Lookback window|
A lead clicks on an ad served by Hotstar
The click-through lookback window is the maximum time from click to install.
Hotstar gets an attribution if a lead clicks and installs an app before the lookback window expires.
|Impression||A lead views an ad (for at least 1 second) served by Hotstar||
The view-through lookback window is the maximum time from impression to install.
Hotstar gets an attribution if a lead views (impression) an app and then installs before the lookback window expires. This applies if there are no other relevant ad clicks.
Learn more about link structure and parameters.
Typical link parameters:
|Campaign||c||Name of the campaign|
|Ad set||af_adset||Name of the ad set. Use to differentiate between ad sets within a campaign|
|Ad name||af_ad||Name of the specific ad. Use to differentiate between creatives within an ad set|
Publisher ID used to attribute installs to specific publishers.
Good practice! If there are many publishers,
|Subscriber parameters||af_sub1 up to af_sub5||
Use to insert values:
To generate the attribution links:
- Select a name from the Parameter name drop-down list, then set the parameter value.
- To add more parameters, click Add parameter and repeat the previous step.
- Set the duration of the click-through lookback window.
- Set the duration of the view-through lookback window.
- Copy the click and impression attribution links to use in your Hotstar campaigns.
Note: AppsFlyer does not save partner links.
Cost attribution is not available for this partner.
Ad revenue attribution is not available for this partner.
You can give Hotstar permission to view information or configure changes in the integration. The type of permission varies according to the business relationship (ad network/ad agency) you have with Hotstar.
Note: It is possible to give Hotstar permissions even if there is no active integration with them.
Ad network permissions
To enable ad network permissions:
- Enable Ad network permissions.
- Give Hotstar team members access to one or more of the following:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to map in-app event postbacks to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow spend ingestion - is at the app level.
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser.