At a glance: Use data synchronization between AppsFlyer and Salesforce Marketing Cloud to optimize marketing campaigns.
AppsFlyer attribution data adds another data layer coming from the AppsFlyer app in SFMC. The data assists in attributing email campaign conversions to Salesforce internal subscriber_key id.
This attribution data:
- Helps clients making marketing journey decisions based on users installs and in-app events.
- Enables creating and managing marketing automation flow through the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Journey Builder module.
Using attribution data from AppsFlyer in Salesforce Journey Builder and Automation Studio
- Activate the AppsFlyer app in Salesforce.
- Create a custom attribution link using the app.
The link must include subscriber_key as one of the link parameters.
- Allow access to AppsFlyer raw data output service Data Locker.
To import and use attribution data from AppsFlyer:
- In Salesforce, create a new data extension. This data extension is used as an entry source of data.
Import data onto it and create a data relationship between two extensions. Learn more about automation activities.
- In Salesforce, create another data extension. This data extension is used to store the data related to the audience defined in AppsFlyer for the decision splits in a journey flow.
- Link both data extensions in the Contact Builder module.
- Create a new journey using the entry source data extension.
- Add to the journey all the steps needed.
- Add a decision split activity.
- Configure the decision split activity according to the attribution data in the second data extension.
Make sure to populate the second data extension (customer data) before activating the journey, otherwise the decision split won't work as expected.
- Activate and test the journey.
Once a record starts the journey and encounters the decision split activity, it continues in a path according on the value of the condition you configured.
In each path you can add different activities: Send an email, Send a push notification, Send an SMS, etc.