At a glance: Create OneLink custom attribution links using the AppsFlyer App in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Advertisers use Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) as an email service provider (ESP). Use the AppsFlyer app in Salesforce to:
- Connect users to AppsFlyer
- Import AppsFlyer attribution data into a Salesforce data extension
- Create custom attribution links in Salesforce using OneLink
- Before you run a campaign, integrate AppsFlyer attribution data with SFMC
- Install and integrate the AppsFlyer App in Salesforce
- Currently, it isn't possible to log into the app using SSO providers such as Google. Contact your CSM or send an email to email@example.com for help with authenticating using AppsFlyer credentials
Creating custom attribution links and running campaigns
Create custom attribution links using OneLink, then use them in campaigns as described in the sections that follow. You can create OneLink attribution links directly in AppsFlyer and use them in emails sent through SFMC.
[Mandatory] Step to be performed one time
Integrate the AppsFlyer App in Salesforce
[As needed] Steps to be performed per customer attribution link required
Send emails containing custom attribution links generated in the previous step
Integrate the AppsFlyer App in Salesforce with AppsFlyer
Perform this procedure one time on app install.
To integrate the AppsFlyer App in Salesforce:
- Install the app in Salesforce:
- In Salesforce. go to Salesforce AppExchanage.
- Search for and install the AppsFlyer app.
- Integrate the app with Salesforce:
- In Salesforce, open the AppsFlyer app.
- Authenticate using your AppsFlyer credentials. If you use SSO, see the prerequisites section.
- Copy the token and Salesforce EID to a text file.
- In AppsFlyer, go to Configuration > Integrated Partners.
- Select SFMC.
- In the Integration tab, complete the Token and SalesForce EID fields.
- Click Save integration.
- Validate the integration:
- In Salesforce, hover over AppExchanage.
- Select the AppsFlyer App.
- Click Validate.
Create custom attribution links in Salesforce using the AppsFlyer App
Create a separate attribution link for each campaign.
To create a custom attribution link:
- In Salesforce, open the AppsFlyer app.
- Click Add OneLink.
- Enter a name in the Link name field. Consider:
- Choose an easily identifiable name.
- The link name will be used when applying OneLinks to email campaigns.
- In the Base URL field, enter the long-version OneLink URL copied from the AppsFlyer OneLink custom links page.
- [Optional] To add more parameters, click Add parameter. See the list of recommended parameters.
- [Optional] To set an internal SalesForce marketing cloud macro, click the icon located to the right of a parameter.
- It is recommended to set a Subscriber key for each OneLink parameter.
- This lets you connect attributed email conversions back to your Salesforce data.
- Click Generate link.
Send emails containing custom attribution links
- In Salesforce Email Studio, create a new template or email.
- Click the Edit icon, the Content tab, then select Blocks.
- Scroll down to find AppsFlyer Button CB or AppsFlyer Image CB.
- Drag the image/button into the body of the email.
- Click the image/button to edit.
- In the Title field, name the image/button.
- Select a OneLink link.
- Save the email and send it.
For readability purposes, the URL parameters are not URL encoded:
https://example.onelink.me/ABcd?pid=Email&c=Spring_Newsletter& af_dp=testapp://path/to/content&af_web_dp=https://www.example.com/path/to/content& af_ios_url=https://www.example.com/path/to/content&af_android_url=https://www.example.com/path/to/content
Test your links
To test your attribution links:
- Create the appropriate OneLink URL.
- Place it in an email.
- Send the email to yourself.
- Click the link.
- If you have the app installed on your device, the app should be invoked.
- If the relevant AppsFlyer SDK deep linking APIs are implemented you are deep linked into the relevant content.
- A click should appear in both the AppsFlyer dashboard, attributed to the provided media source and campaign.
- A click appears in Salesforce data.