At a glance: Spotify, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, uses its enhanced mobile advertising solution to cultivate strategic, scalable, and smart campaigns to meet the needs of mobile users. In Spotify, clicks are generated when a user clicks on a CTA button while watching or hearing an ad.
Activate integration with Spotify
To enable AppsFlyer to attribute clicks and views coming from Spotify campaigns, you need to activate the integration with Spotify. This toggle must be on for as long as you work with the partner.
- In AppsFlyer, go to Configuration > Integrated partners.
- Search and select Spotify.
- Enable Activate Partner.
Learn more about the partner configuration window header.
Learn more about partner activation rules.
- The general settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners.
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional.
The Integration tab is divided into different sections as described below.
Enable view-through attribution
If you want to attribute view-through installs from Spotify, enable this toggle. To set the view-through lookback window, go to the attribution link tab (described below).
Attribution link tab
Attribution link parameters
Adding parameters to the attribution link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the attribution link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with Spotify.
Attribution link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Spotify campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub-site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Attribution link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Attribution link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the attribution link simply by typing it in a new parameter box.
Learn more about AppsFlyer attribution link structure and parameters.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Spotify.
Attribution link parameter: af_click_lookback
Learn more about click lookback window.
Click attribution link
This is the attribution link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Spotify to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
View-through attribution lookback window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from impression to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within this lookback window, following an ad impression, are attributed to Spotify, providing there was no other relevant ad click.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days.
Attribution link parameter: af_viewthrough_lookback
Learn more about view-through attribution.
Impressions attribution link
The impression attribution link contains similar attribution data to the click recording link (besides the different lookback window). Send it to Spotify to be activated when a corresponding ad is watched, usually for 1 second or more.
Cost integration is not available for Spotify.
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue is not available for Spotify.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Spotify, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Spotify, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Spotify.
After you enable granting permissions to Spotify, you can add team members to grant them access to the data according to the selected permissions.
Permissions can be granted only to Spotify employees that have an ad network team member account on AppsFlyer.
To grant permission to ad network team members:
- Click Add team member.
- Enter the ad network team member's email.
- Click Add.
- When you give Spotify the permission to configure the integration and to change in-app event postbacks, you allow them to potentially access all attribution events, including organic and non-organic traffic from all media sources.
- Changes that Spotify makes override current configuration, even if set by the advertiser.
The following are the permission types that advertisers can grant Spotify:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks).
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab.
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data.
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data.
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data.
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner.
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard & raw data via API - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser.
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.