About Vizio CTV attribution
The Vizio SmartCast OS for streaming runs across all Vizio TVs.
CTV apps streaming on Vizio can integrate with AppsFlyer via API to receive attribution data and performance measurements about which sources (non-organic or organic) and paid campaigns drive app open and in-app events. Marketers rely on these insights to measure and optimize marketing activities.
The Vizio API integration supports:
- Vizio Smart TVs.
- CTV-to-CTV attribution and event recording. Meaning, attribution and recording of Vizio first app opens (the equivalent of installs) and events that occur on a user's Vizio device.
Vizio attribution flow
The following table lists the tasks required to integrate your Vizio CTV app with AppsFlyer. To record your progress, download this spreadsheet.
API integration with your app
Integrate the AppsFlyer CTV API into your CTV app with commands to report the following events to AppsFlyer.
Note: First app opens must be reported before in-app events and sessions.
To report owned media engagements, integrate the impression engagement API.
|Set up Data Locker to receive user-level raw data reports.
Integrate the AppsFlyer Vizio API into your app
The developer must:
- Integrate the API. This enables the app to report first opens, in-app events, and sessions.
Note: First opens must be reported before in-app events and sessions.
- Send events using the API. Tell your developer which events to send.
- To report owned media engagements, integrate the impression engagement API.
Add Vizio ad network
To record attributions and in-app events from Vizio, you must connect AppsFlyer to Vizio as an integrated ad network.
To set up Vizio as an integrated partner:
- In AppsFlyer, from the side menu, select Collaborate > Active Integrations.
- Select Vizio.
The Vizio partner integration page displays.
- Go to the Integration tab.
- Turn on Activate partner. See partner activation/deactivation.
- [Optional] Turn on View-through attribution.
- Click Save Integration.
The Overview dashboard gives advertisers a real-time window into the lifetime value (LTV) performance of users, based on subscription, in-app purchases, and ad monetization. LTV metrics are calculated from the attribution date until the present.
To open the dashboard:
- In AppsFlyer, select your CTV app, and in the side menu, select Analyze > Overview.
The dashboard opens, with the settings and filters, headline metrics, charts, and table, relevant for CTV.
Tip! Familiarize and experiment with the dashboard and use our Overview dashboard V2 article as a reference guide.
Vizio raw data reports, as seen in the list that follows, are available via Data Locker (Premium feature; requires subscription). Click on a report type to view a sample.
The list of fields available in reports is in the raw data field dictionary.
Traits and limitations
Not currently supported
Default is 24 hours
|Cost data must be sent via Ad Spend Ingestion using the upload file by email method.