Related reading: CTV overview
About Vizio CTV attribution
The Vizio SmartCast OS for streaming runs across all Vizio TVs.
CTV apps streaming on Vizio can integrate with AppsFlyer via API to receive attribution data and performance measurements about which sources (non-organic or organic) and paid campaigns drive app open and in-app events. Marketers rely on these insights to measure and optimize marketing activities.
The Vizio API integration supports:
- Vizio Smart TVs.
- CTV-to-CTV attribution and event recording. Meaning, attribution and recording of Vizio first app opens (the equivalent of installs) and events that occur on a user's Vizio device.
Vizio attribution flow
The following table lists the tasks required to integrate your Vizio CTV app with AppsFlyer. To record your progress, download this spreadsheet.
API integration with your app
Integrate the AppsFlyer CTV API into your CTV app with commands to report the following events to AppsFlyer.
Note: First app opens must be reported before in-app events and sessions.
To report owned media engagements, integrate the impression engagement API.
|Reports setup||Set up Data Locker to receive user-level raw data reports.||Data engineer|
Integrate the AppsFlyer Vizio API into your app
The developer must:
- Integrate the API. This enables the app to report first opens, in-app events, and sessions.
Note: First opens must be reported before in-app events and sessions.
- Send events using the API. Tell your developer which events to send.
- To report owned media engagements, integrate the impression engagement API.
Add Vizio ad network
To record attributions and in-app events from Vizio, you must connect AppsFlyer to Vizio as an integrated ad network.
To set up Vizio as an integrated partner:
- In AppsFlyer. go to Configuration > Integrated Partners.
- Select Vizio.
The Vizio partner integration page displays.
- Go to the Integration tab.
- Turn on Activate partner. See partner activation/deactivation.
- [Optional] Turn on View-through attribution.
- Click Save Integration.
The Overview dashboard gives advertisers a real-time window into the lifetime value (LTV) performance of organic users, based on subscription, in-app purchases, and ad monetization. LTV metrics are calculated from the attribution date until the present.
To open the dashboard:
- In AppsFlyer, select your CTV app and go to Dashboards > Overview.
The dashboard opens, with the settings and filters, headline metrics, charts, and table, relevant for CTV.
Tip! Familiarize and experiment with the dashboard and use our Overview dashboard V2 article as a reference guide.
Vizio raw data reports, as seen in the list that follows, are available via Data Locker (Premium feature; requires subscription). Click on a report type to view a sample.
The list of fields available in reports is in the raw data field dictionary.
Traits and limitations
Must contact CSM
Not supported. App can't be transferred to another AppsFlyer account.
Access to data can't be restricted.
Default is 24 hours.