At a glance: Sizmek, an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, is an independent buy-side advertising platform and ad server. In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Sizmek offers view-through attribution, which can be recorded with AppsFlyer.
Setting up Sizmek
The setup is done from the Active Integrated Partners page, but to find the partner you must first go to the marketplace.
Before setting up an integration, make sure you contact the partner and open an account with them.
To activate the integration:
- Go to the Marketplace: From the top menu of any AppsFlyer page, click Marketplace.
- Search for the partner and select it.
- Click Set up integration. You’re directed to the integration setup page.
- In the Integration tab, turn on Activate partner.
Note: The toggle must stay on (activated) for as long as you work with the partner.
- Complete the configuration using the relevant tabs, as described below.
Sizmek's configuration window includes 3 active tabs: Integration, Attribution link and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
On the first visit, you will need to toggle ON the Activate Partner button to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
As an ALL-Installs network, Sizmek prefers to receive postbacks for all new installs of your app from ANY source, including organic. To do so, select Events attributed to any partner to send all install postbacks to Sizmek.
Sizmek connects with AppsFlyer via a unique Postback Tag ID. If you don't already have the Postback Tag ID, you must obtain it from Sizmek to continue with the integration.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Sizmek. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
Send automatic postbacks to Sizmek following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to Sizmek.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to Sizmek.
In-app events settings
In this section you can map your AppsFlyer events with Sizmek via postbacks.
To enable In-App Events, you must specify your Sizmek's onetagid.
- Enter the advertiserid and password again.
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on Sizmek's side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Sizmek and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
Attribution link tab
Learn more about attribution link structure and parameters.
To generate an attribution link, follow these instructions.
Cost data integration is not supported for Sizmek
Ad revenue tab
Ad revenue integration is not supported for Sizmek
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Sizmek, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency, or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Sizmek, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Sizmek.
Ad network permissions
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.