At a glance: Baidu App Ads (Baitong), an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partners, is one of the biggest App promotion and distribution platforms in China domestic market, integrating the mobile traffic of App Stores (Baidu Mobile Assistant, Android Market, 91 Mobile Assistant, etc.), Baidu Mobile Search, Super App, Baidu Affiliates.
Setting Up Baidu App Ads (Baitong)
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Baidu App Ads" in the search field and click on its logo to open Baidu App Ads configuration window.
Baidu App Ads configuration window includes 3 active tabs: Integration, Attribution link, and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
On the first visit here, you will need to toggle below. ON the Activate Partner button to enable setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to Baidu App Ads (Baitong) following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
The Integration with Baidu Baitong Ads supports only the install event for Default Postbacks.
Attribution link tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Attribution link parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the attribution link.
Adding parameters to the attribution link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the attribution link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with Baidu App Ads（Baitong).
Attribution link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific Baidu App Ads（Baitong) campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns Baidu App Ads（Baitong).
Attribution link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Attribution link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Attribution link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the attribution link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer's Attribution Link Structure and Parameters.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Baidu App Ads（Baitong).
Attribution link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click attribution link
This is the attribution link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to Baidu App Ads（Baitong) to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
Cost data is not supported in the integration with this partner.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue is not supported in the integration with this partner.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant RTB House, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for RTB House, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to RTB House.
Ad network permissions
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.