This feature is enabled for account owners
1. Adding the App
To add a new app to the AppsFlyer dashboard:
1. In AppsFlyer, on the upper right of the window, click Add App.
2. Click Add App.
The Add Your App window opens:
3. Select either of the three options.
App Available in the Store
2. Copy-paste your application URL in the app stores. See the examples below.
The app ID is bolded in each application URL below:
- iOS: As of June 14, 2019, links to the Apple app store begin with apps.apple.com, instead of itunes.com.
You can use either format. For example:
We recommend that you use the newer format with apps.apple.com.
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rovio.angrybirds
- Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/deck-heroes-by-igg/9nblggh5wxf4
3. Click the Add App button to save.
Pending Approval or Unpublished
If you want to create a debug app to test AppsFlyer SDK, follow the instructions here.
1. Select the Pending Approval or Unpublished option.
2. Select platform. (iOS / Android / Windows Store).
3. Enter your application ID for iOS (without the 'id' prefix), or package name for Android.
Pending applications are automatically updated as soon as they go live in the App Store / Google Play.
Android Out-Of-Store APK
1. Select Android out of store APK option.
2. Enter the Android Package name of the app you want to add.
3. Enter the Channel Name, such as Amazon.
4. Add the App URL.
Here are more details about out-of-store applications.
2. Setting the Time Zone and Currency
When defining a new app the default time zone is set to UTC, and the default currency is USD.
The displayed currency of an app can only be changed once. AppsFlyer highly recommends making this change (if needed) along with adding the new app to AppsFlyer's dashboard.
Time zones can be changed at any time.
To change the options:
2.1 If you have already left the "Add Your App" page go to the App Settings page
2.2 Select the required values from the drop-down lists.
You can only change the currency if you have cost or revenue on your app.
2.3 Once you have entered the required information, click on Save.
2.4 Your app is now fully added to your list of apps.
Why Your App Could Not be Added?
Error: For security reasons, this app could not be added
This may happen if the app you are trying to add already exists under another account in the AppsFlyer platform.
In such a situation, contact your dedicated CSM (if you have one) or else contact email@example.com.
Error: The app does not exist in the store
Make sure to enter the correct app name or app ID in the store URL.
Error: Unable to access marketplace
This problem sometimes happens with adding a new Android app, especially with non-US countries, e.g. the UK.
To solve this issue, try the following:
- Upload the app as a pending app
- Go to the App Settings page
- Change the country to the correct country, e.g. the UK
- AppsFlyer servers then update the app information from the marketplace