The Add App function is restricted to account admins and team members with the Add App capability.
To add a new app:
- In AppsFlyer, on the upper-right of the window, click Add App.
The Add App window opens.
- Select an app status, and complete the setup using one of the procedures that follow.
- (Optional) Setup the app time zone and currency.
Available in the App Store / Google Play Store / Windows Phone Store
1. Select Available in the App Store / Google Play Store / Windows Phone Store.
2. Copy-paste the application URL from the app store and paste it in the App Store URL field. Note: App IDs are case sensitive.
See the examples below.
The app ID is in bold in the examples that follow:
- Prior to June 14, 2019 links reference itunes. For example: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angry-birds/id343200656?mt=8
- From June 14, 2019: links reference apps.app.com apps.apple.com, or itunes.com. Examples:
- Note: We recommend that you use the newer format apps.apple.com.
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rovio.angrybirds
- Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/deck-heroes-by-igg/9nblggh5wxf4
3. Click Add App.
Pending approval or unpublished
If you want to create a debug app to test AppsFlyer SDK, follow the instructions here.
- Select the Pending Approval or Unpublished.
- Enter your application ID for iOS (without the 'id' prefix), or package name for Android. Note: App IDs are case sensitive.
- Select platform. (iOS / Android / Windows Store).
Pending applications are automatically updated as soon as they go live in the App Store / Google Play.
Android out of store APK
- Select Android out of store APK.
- Enter the Android Package name of the app you want to add.
- Enter the Channel Name, such as Amazon.
- Add the App URL.
Here are more details about out-of-store applications.
Set the app time zone and currency
When setting up a new app, the default time zone is set to UTC +0, and the default currency is USD.
The app default currency can only be changed once. AppsFlyer recommends making this change (if needed) when you add the app.
Time zones can be changed at any time.
To change the options:
- If you have already left the "Add Your App" page go to the App Settings page
- Select the required values from the drop-down lists.
You can only change the currency if you have recorded either cost or revenue in the app.
- Click Save.
The app is fully added to the list of apps.
Why your app could not be added?
Error: for security reasons, this app could not be added
This may happen if the app you are trying to add already exists under another account in the AppsFlyer platform.
In such a situation, contact your dedicated CSM (if you have one) or else contact email@example.com.
Error: the app does not exist in the store
Make sure to enter the correct app name or app ID in the store URL.
Error: unable to access marketplace
This problem sometimes happens with adding a new Android app, especially with non-US countries, e.g. the UK.
To solve this issue, try the following:
- Upload the app as a pending app
- Go to the App Settings page
- Change the country to the correct country, e.g. the UK
- AppsFlyer servers then update the app information from the marketplace