At a glance: myTarget is a mobile advertising platform aimed at connecting advertisers with Russian-speaking mobile users. With myTarget advertisers can place targeted advertising in social networks (Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki, Moi Mir) and the Mail.Ru Group. In addition to click-based mobile attribution, myTarget also offers retargeting attribution.
Setting up MyTarget
To configure the partner:
- In AppsFlyer, go to Configuration > Integrated Partners.
- Select the partner.
The partner's configuration window opens.
myTarget's configuration window includes 4 active tabs: Integration, Attribution link, Cost, and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
On the first visit here, you will need to toggle ON the Activate Partner button to enable the setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
The following general settings are available for myTarget.
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to myTarget following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to myTarget.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to myTarget.
In-app events settings
If you use Dynamic Remarketing with myTarget, you can define the trg_feed parameter in this section:
This parameter is mandatory for enabling in-app event postbacks for dynamic remarketing. It allows myTarget to know for which product the event has been generated. The parameter consists of a counter ID and a feed ID and should be entered as follows:
For more information reach out to your account manager at myTarget.
In-app events postbacks
In this section, you can configure in-app event postbacks that are sent to myTarget.
- Activate In-app event postbacks
- Choose whether to report selected events to the partner, or all of them.
- Note: If you choose to report all events, the af_app_opened event is not reported.
- If you choose to manually select events, click Add event to add an SDK Event to the list.
- Complete the following parameters:
Parameter name Description SDK event name (required for manual selection only) The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK or from server-to-server events.
Tip: If you don't see the event you want in the list, activate this event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
Sending option Select the sending option for the event:
This partner only for events coming only from users attributed to myTarget.
All sources, including organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
Send event data
- No values & no revenue: sends only the event itself without the event value.
- Values & no revenue: sends all the parameters excluding the revenue value.
- Values & revenue: sends all the event parameters, including the revenue value (if exists in the event).
- Click Save.
Attribution link tab
This tab is divided into different sections:
Attribution link parameters
In this section, select which parameters you want to add to the attribution link.
Adding parameters to the attribution link here enables you to later perform thorough drill-down analyses. Parameters that are already defined on the attribution link can be edited by adding them and their new values here.
- Campaign - add it to compare different campaigns running with myTarget.
Attribution link parameter: c
- Adset - set ad set names to compare different ad sets within specific myTarget campaigns.
Attribution link parameter: af_adset
- Ad Name - set ad set names to compare different creatives within specific ad sets within specific campaigns myTarget.
Attribution link parameter: af_ad
- Site ID and Sub Site ID - set Site ID parameter to attribute installs to specific publishers. If many publishers exist, we advise on limiting the number of used site IDs and using the sub-site ID parameter, to avoid exceeding the site ID limitations.
Attribution link parameters: af_siteid and af_sub_siteid
- Subscriber Parameters - use any of the 5 subscriber parameters to insert useful values. Note that these parameters get parsed and appear in the raw data report, which makes them very handy for performing data aggregation or filtering.
Attribution link parameters: af_sub1, af_sub2, af_sub3, af_sub4, af_sub5
Add any other parameter to the attribution link simply by typing it in a new parameter box. For more information about AppsFlyer Attribution Link Structure and Parameters.
When enabled, AppsFlyer recognizes a link as a retargeting attribution link, rather than a user acquisition link, by adding the
&is_retargeting=true to the click recording link. Note that retargeting is currently only supported for click-through and not view-through attribution.
Attribution link parameter: is_retargeting.
The following setup below is displayed when retargeting is enabled.
Note: OneLinks are not supported by myTarget. Use standard attribution links for retargeting.
2. Deep Link URL
Use this field if the link is meant to deep link users to any specific activity within your app.
Attribution link parameter: af_dp
You can find more information about AppsFlyer's deep linking solution in this guide.
3. Re-engagement Window
Set the time period following the re-engagement, where the user's in-app events are attributed to the retargeting media source. You can set the value in days (1-90), hours (up to 23), or even lifetime.Attribution link parameter: af_reengagement_window
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to myTarget.
Attribution link parameter: af_click_lookback
More details about the click lookback window here.
Click attribution link
This is the attribution link that contains all the setup information you have set for it. Send it to myTarget to be activated when leads click on a corresponding ad.
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features. Note: Cost data requires an Xpend subscription.
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
Cost data sync status
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
Removing connected accounts
To delete a connected account:
- To support cost with myTarget the advertiser must add the Campaign ID to the link af_c_id=.
- Once you set MyTarget's cost, do not change the name of any active campaign, asset, or single ad, nor use dynamic macros with the campaign name parameter, as they can cause serious discrepancies or missing cost data.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue data is not supported by myTarget.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant myTarget, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency, or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for myTarget, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to myTarget.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.