At a glance: myTarget is a mobile advertising platform aimed at connecting advertisers with Russian-speaking mobile users. With myTarget advertisers can place targeted advertising in social networks (Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki, Moi Mir) and the Mail.Ru Group. In addition to click-based mobile attribution, myTarget also offers retargeting attribution.
Setting up MyTarget
To configure the partner:
- In AppsFlyer, go to Configuration > Integrated Partners.
- Select the partner.
The partner's configuration window opens.
myTarget's configuration window includes 4 active tabs: Integration, Attribution link, Cost, and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
- The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory for all partners
- All the rest of the steps are either descriptive or optional
On the first visit here, you will need to toggle ON the Activate Partner button to enable the setup of the integration tab's parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
The following general settings are available for myTarget.
This field is not mandatory, and its functionality is TBD. For any further questions, contact myTarget.
AppsFlyer can send automatic postbacks to myTarget following user installs and re-engagements. Use this section to define the source of the users that allow sending these postbacks.
Select Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to myTarget.
Select Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to myTarget.
In-app events settings
If you use Dynamic Remarketing with myTarget, you can define the trg_feed parameter in this section:
This parameter is mandatory for enabling in-app event postbacks for dynamic remarketing. It allows myTarget to know for which product the event has been generated. The parameter consists of a counter ID and a feed ID and should be entered as follows:
For more information reach out to your account manager at myTarget.
In-app events postbacks
In this section, you can configure in-app event postbacks that are sent to myTarget.
- Activate In-app event postbacks
- Choose whether to report selected events to the partner, or all of them.
- Note: If you choose to report all events, the af_app_opened event is not reported.
- If you choose to manually select events, click Add event to add an SDK Event to the list.
- Complete the following parameters:
Parameter name Description SDK event name (required for manual selection only) The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK or from server-to-server events.
Tip: If you don't see the event you want in the list, activate this event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
Sending option Select the sending option for the event:
This partner only for events coming only from users attributed to myTarget.
All sources, including organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
Send event data
- No values & no revenue: sends only the event itself without the event value.
- Values & no revenue: sends all the parameters excluding the revenue value.
- Values & revenue: sends all the event parameters, including the revenue value (if exists in the event).
- Click Save.
Attribution link tab
Generate and save attribution links and send them to the partner for attributing specific campaigns, ad sets, or single ads - both for UA and retargeting campaigns. You can use either a single-platform link or a OneLink.
Learn more about attribution link structure and parameters.
To generate an attribution link, follow these instructions.
Note: OneLinks are not supported by myTarget. Use standard attribution links for retargeting.
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features. Note: Cost data requires an Xpend subscription.
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
Cost data sync status
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
Removing connected accounts
To delete a connected account:
- To support cost with myTarget the advertiser must add the Campaign ID to the link af_c_id=.
- Once you set MyTarget's cost, do not change the name of any active campaign, asset, or single ad, nor use dynamic macros with the campaign name parameter, as they can cause serious discrepancies or missing cost data.
Ad revenue tab
Ad Revenue data is not supported by myTarget.
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant myTarget, whether the partner acts as an ad network, agency, or even both. Note that even if attribution is disabled for myTarget, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to myTarget.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.