At a glance: Verizon Media (formerly Yahoo Gemini/Oath), an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, offers search and native advertising in one advertising platform. In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Verizon Media offers cost and view-through attribution, which can be recorded with AppsFlyer.
Setting up Verizon Media
To configure your campaigns with Verizon Media, follow the steps below.
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Verizon Media" in the search field and click on its logo to open the Verizon Media configuration window.
Verizon Media configuration window includes 3 active tabs: Integration, Cost, and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory. All other steps are descriptive or optional.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
On the first visit here, you will need to switch ON the Activate Partner toggle to enable the setup of the integration tab parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
Follow these steps for the general settings of Verizon Media.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Verizon Media.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-30 days. We recommend setting the Click-through lookback window to 7 days, to align with Verizon Media.
More details about the click lookback window here.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Verizon Media. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days. We recommend setting the View-through lookback window to 1 day, to align with Verizon Media.
Before you start working with Verizon Media, the advertiser should activate the integration on their side, otherwise conversions cannot be attributed to you.
Enter your Verizon Media account ID.
- In case Advertiser and Agency both promote the app in Verizon Media, they need to work with separate Verizon Media accounts.
- Agency can use only one account at Verizon Media.
To find your account ID, log into Verizon Media dashboard, click the cog icon to open the Settings menu, and select Billing:
Click-through and view-through lookback windows are in read-only mode and should be configured by the advertiser.
In-app events settings
In this section, you can map your AppsFlyer events with Verizon Media via postbacks.
- Enter the Dot Tag ID provided by Verizon Media.
To find it on Verizon Media dashboard, click the cog icon to open the Settings menu and select View Dot tag code. Copy the code from the dashboard:
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK-defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on the Verizon Media side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Verizon Media and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
For agencies, the Sending option and the list of events available for mapping depend on the permissions given to the agency by the advertiser.
Attribution link tab
For all SRNs, such as Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Adwords, Snapchat, etc. this tab is not functional, as they do not use external attribution links.
Enabling and testing Verizon Media cost integration
AppsFlyer gets cost details by API. See the ad network cost integration table for full details on the supported dimensions, metrics, and features. Note: Cost data requires an Xpend subscription.
To enable the cost API:
- Follow these integration instructions.
View your cost API status and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data in either the cost (and ad revenue) integration status dashboard, or in the individual ad network dashboard.
Once you set Verizon Media's cost do not change the name of any running campaign, ad set, or single ad, as it may cause serious discrepancies or missing cost data.
Ad revenue tab
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Verizon Media. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Verizon Media, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Verizon Media.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to set up the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Marking events as conversions in Verizon
You can mark as conversions the events that AppsFlyer sends to Verizon through in-app event postbacks. To do so, on Verizon Media, go to Shared library > Conversion rules, click New rule, and follow the prompts:
Verizon Media raw report
AppsFlyer receives the following parameters from Verizon Media and maps them to the following fields in the raw reports.
|Verizon Media Parameters||AppsFlyer Raw Report Parameters|
|Creative ID||Ad ID|
|Adgroup ID||Adset ID|
|Campaign ID||Campaign ID|
|Site ID||Site ID|
- When you enable attribution for the first time, it takes up to 4 hours to be reflected in the Verizon Media UI.