At a glance: Verizon Media (formerly Yahoo Gemini/Oath), an AppsFlyer ad network integrated partner, offers search and native advertising in one advertising platform. In addition to click-based mobile attribution, Verizon Media offers cost and view-through attribution, which can be recorded with AppsFlyer.
Setting up Verizon Media
To configure your campaigns with Verizon Media, follow the steps below.
Go to the dashboard of your app and click on Integrated Partners on the left bar.
Enter "Verizon Media" in the search field and click on its logo to open the Verizon Media configuration window.
Verizon Media configuration window includes 3 active tabs: Integration, Cost, and Permissions. Click on the items below to read about the tabs setup.
For a detailed description of the Partner Configuration Window Header, click here.
The General Settings step in the Integration tab is mandatory. All other steps are descriptive or optional.
The Integration Tab is divided into different sections as described below.
On the first visit here, you will need to switch ON the Activate Partner toggle to enable the setup of the integration tab parameters. The toggle MUST be ON for as long as you work with the partner.
For more details about partner activation please click here.
Follow these steps for the general settings of Verizon Media.
This slider allows you to set the maximum time from click to install. Only installs (first launches) that take place within the lookback window may be attributed to Verizon Media.
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-30 days. We recommend setting the Click-through lookback window to 7 days, to align with Verizon Media.
More details about the click lookback window here.
Enable View-Through attribution
Toggle this to ON if you want to attribute view-through installs from Verizon Media. The view-through lookback slider is available on the attribution link tab (described below).
You can customize this value to 1-23 hours or 1-7 days. We recommend setting the View-through lookback window to 1 day, to align with Verizon Media.
Before you start working with Verizon Media, advertiser should activate the integration on their side, otherwise conversions cannot be attributed to you.
Enter your Verizon Media account ID.
- In case Advertiser and Agency both promote the app in Verizon Media, they need to work with separate Verizon Media accounts.
- Agency can use only one account at Verizon Media.
To find your account ID, log into Verizon Media dashboard, click the cog icon to open the Settings menu, and select Billing:
Click-through and view-through lookback windows are in read-only mode and should be configured by the advertiser.
In-app events settings
In this section, you can map your AppsFlyer events with Verizon Media via postbacks.
- Enter the Dot Tag ID provided by Verizon Media.
To find it on Verizon Media dashboard, click the cog icon to open the Settings menu and select View Dot tag code. Copy the code from the dashboard:
- Toggle In-App Event Postbacks to ON
- Select the Sending Option for all SDK defined events.
- Only events attributed to this partner for events coming only from users attributed to this partner
- Events attributed to any partner or organic to have your entire user base available to be reported to the partner
- Click Add Event to add an SDK Event to the list
- Complete the following parameters:
|SDK Event Name||The name of the event, as received by AppsFlyer either from the SDK integrated in your app, or from server to server events.
Tip - If you don't see the event you want in the list, make sure to activate the event on a device with a non-organic installation and recheck.
|Partner Event Identifier||The unique name or ID of each event as defined on the Verizon Media side.
Obtain the corresponding Event ID from Verizon Media and set in the text field.
|Send Revenue||When unchecked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters of the rich in-app event to the partner, except for the revenue parameter, which is contained in the af_revenue parameter.
When checked - AppsFlyer sends all the parameters including the revenue value (if it exists in the event).
For agencies, the Sending option and the list of events available for mapping depend on the permissions given to the agency by the advertiser.
Attribution link tab
For all SRNs, such as Facebook, Apple Search Ads, Adwords, Snapchat etc. this tab is not functional, as they do not use external attribution links.
Enabling and testing Verizon Media cost integration
- The Cost tab allows you to receive cost data.
Note: Cost data requires an Xpend subscription. Without Xpend, only click and impression data are received.
- Select the Get Cost, Clicks and Impressions data toggle.
- Click API Authentication to redirect you to your Yahoo account.
If you are not signed in please do so and then press the below highlighted Agree button.
- Make sure that you log in to the Yahoo account that you are running the campaigns from.
If the connection was successful, the following message is displayed: "You have successfully connected Verizon Media cost data."
- Close this tab to return to the AppsFlyer dashboard.
- Click Save & Close.
Cost data sync status
The cost tab shows the status of your cost integration and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data.
Verizon Media allows you to sync several accounts for pulling cost data. For each synced account, AppsFlyer shows the status of cost integration and the last time AppsFlyer managed to pull matching cost data.
The table below describes five different status messages, and what to do if you see them in the cost tab.
|Status Message||Description||What to Do|
|Partner API is responding and returning data.||
With sync message:
Cost Data was never successfully pulled
One of the following is possible:
No Matching Data
AppsFlyer queries this app's active campaigns with the Partner API, but the partner API isn't returning any data for these campaigns.
This might happen if you change the campaign ID while it is still running.
If you rely on cost data, do not change the IDs of campaigns while they are still active and running.
Also, make sure you entered the API credentials for the correct app, and that the network is passing the correct campaign IDs on the attribution link.
Partner API is not responding
The ad network cost data API is either down or experiencing issues.
Wait for the network API to become responsive.
|Cost API credentials are incorrect. AppsFlyer in unable to pull cost data.||
Make sure that the cost API key is correct.
Last successful data pull
The cost tab shows the last time cost data has been pulled yet. If cost data has never been pulled, the sync message shows Cost Data was never successfully pulled.
Scenario 1: Stopped campaigns
AppsFlyer pulls cost for several campaigns that you run with ad network A. You look in the cost tab and you see the message Last successful sync 2 hours ago. The same day you stop running campaigns with ad network A. Two weeks later, you look in the cost tab of ad network A. You then see the message Last successful sync 14 days ago.
Scenario 2: Ad network API issues
AppsFlyer pulls cost for several campaigns that you run with ad network B. You look in the cost tab and you see the message Last successful sync 2 hours ago. Ad network B then experiences issues with their API. It takes them a few hours to fix it. When you look in the cost tab you see the message Last successful sync 8 hours ago.
Stop Verizon Media cost sync
To stop getting Verizon Media cost and to delete a connected Verizon Media account:
- In the actions column, hover over an account, click Delete connection.
Once deleted, AppsFlyer stops getting the cost. Deleting the connection does not impact historical data.
Once you set Verizon Media's cost do not change the name of any running campaign, ad set or single ad, as it may cause serious discrepancies or missing cost data.
Ad revenue tab
In this tab, you can select the permissions to grant Verizon Media. Note that even if attribution is disabled for Verizon Media, the permissions tab is active and you can grant control to Verizon Media.
Use these toggles to give the ad network permissions to handle its own configuration for your app:
- Allow to configure integration - permit the partner to setup the integration tab (except in-app event postbacks)
- Allow to configure in-app event postbacks - permit the partner to setup in-app event postbacks mapping to itself on the integration tab
- Allow access to your retention report - only to the partner's own retention data
- Allow access to your aggregate loyal user data - only to the partner's own loyal user data
- Allow access to your aggregate in-app events data - only to the partner's own in-app events data
- Allow access to your aggregate revenue data - only to the revenue data attributed to the partner
- Allow access to your Protect360 dashboard - only to the partner's own Protect360 data, and providing the feature is enabled for the advertiser
Learn more about granting ad network permissions.
Marking events as conversions in Verizon
You can mark as conversions the events that AppsFlyer sends to Verizon through in-app event postbacks. To do so, on Verizon Media, go to Shared library > Conversion rules, click New rule and follow the prompts:
Verizon Media raw report
AppsFlyer receives the following parameters from Verizon Media and maps them to the following fields in the raw reports.
|Verizon Media Parameters||AppsFlyer Raw Report Parameters|
|Creative ID||Ad ID|
|Adgroup ID||Adset ID|
|Campaign ID||Campaign ID|
|Site ID||Site ID|
- When you enable attribution for the first time, it takes up to 4 hours to be reflected in the Verizon Media UI.
- Verizon Media integration does not support EU user targeted campaigns at this time.